The SQ A380 is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
    SQ sent an A380 to LAX on 3/13/21 as a charter flight. Glad to see her back in the city of Angels! https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbDrD...dium=copy_link
    Actually they send 2xA380 n 2xA350. Now on the way back to SIN

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
      Actually they send 2xA380 n 2xA350. Now on the way back to SIN
      They flew SIN-LAX-BCN-SIN.
      MainlyMiles has more details I believe

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        They flew SIN-LAX-BCN-SIN.
        MainlyMiles has more details I believe
        9V-SMV (A350 LH)
        9V-SMW (A350 LH)
        9V-SKU (A380)
        9V-SKV (A380)

were the aircraft involved, routing SIN-LAX-BCN-SIN.

I was told this was a charter taking professional gamers from Los Angeles to an e-sports event in Barcelona.

Given how much this must have cost, I am clearly in the wrong job!

Comment

Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
          I was told this was a charter taking professional gamers from Los Angeles to an e-sports event in Barcelona.
          I wonder if there'll be a return SIN-BCN-LAX-SIN

Would you also know how the crewing was like for SIN-LAX-BCN-SIN? The crew all on-board for all 3 sectors?

Comment

9V-SMV (A350 LH)
            9V-SMW (A350 LH)
            9V-SKU (A380)
            9V-SKV (A380)

were the aircraft involved, routing SIN-LAX-BCN-SIN.

Given how much this must have cost, I am clearly in the wrong job!
            Amazing charter operation - never seen anything like this!

Comment

9V-SKP has finally left storage and arrived into SYD this evening from ASP. I am assuming this is for a gear swing at the hangars here in SYD before it goes back home to commence its retrofit - the last of the 12x A380s to be retrofitted (assuming SKQ is nearly done now).

Comment

9V-SKP left Sydney a few hours ago and on the way to SIN. Great news and considering how full flights are at the moment, very much needed!

Comment

I may have missed something but I remember reading (from the SQ Fleet thread in this forum) that SKP was one of the 7 A380 that SQ intended to remove from the fleet (in place of SKL), and a few of us wondered why at the time. But it looks like now SKP will be retained and SKL removed instead…?

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                    I may have missed something but I remember reading (from the SQ Fleet thread in this forum) that SKP was one of the 7 A380 that SQ intended to remove from the fleet (in place of SKL), and a few of us wondered why at the time. But it looks like now SKP will be retained and SKL removed instead…?
                    Yes. SKP will be retained and SKL removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Not You View Post

Yes. SKP will be retained and SKL removed.
                      Thanks for the confirmation…

Comment

Not back to Zurich anymore it seems.

Comment

SQ had quietly upgraded SQ894/895 from 777-300ER to A380. Just logged in to my booking and saw the aircraft changed.

Comment

SQ A380 9V-SKQ has re-entered service as SQ424 to Mumbai on 16th October 2022, with the latest cabin products, bringing the operational A380 fleet to 11 (out of an eventual 12).

The aircraft last flew passengers on 26th March 2020, 934 days ago.

It was stored in Alice Springs prior to its refit for 240 days, only around a quarter of its total down-time, between June 2020 and February 2021.

Only 9V-SKP is now left to rejoin the fleet, once its refit is complete. It has already been returned to Singapore.

Comment

SQ A380 9V-SKQ has re-entered service as SQ424 to Mumbai on 16th October 2022, with the latest cabin products, bringing the operational A380 fleet to 11 (out of an eventual 12).

The aircraft last flew passengers on 26th March 2020, 934 days ago.

It was stored in Alice Springs prior to its refit for 240 days, only around a quarter of its total down-time, between June 2020 and February 2021.

Only 9V-SKP is now left to rejoin the fleet, once its refit is complete. It has already been returned to Singapore.
                              It appears to have AOGed in Mumbai though as SQ423 was originally delayed and then subsequently cancelled for today.

Comment

9V-SKM is operating SQ308/321. An upguage from an A350 to 77W while recovering to the A380

Comment

Working...
                                X