SQ reinstating FRA-JFK, HKG-SFO in Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
    SQ7 SFO-HKG-SIN will operate non-stop SFO-SIN, skipping HKG stopover, from 08JAN22 to 20JAN22. This is due to the HK Government's directive to suspend entry of travellers into HKG from the USA. Details here.

SQ8 SIN-HKG-SFO is unaffected.
    SQ7 got suspended by HKG for 2 weeks for carrying 7 paxes with positive on arrival test results.

The suspension is up to 22/Jan.

And it was reported that HKG will banned transit wef 15/Jan for minimum 1 month. So guess no more SQ8/7 via HKG for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
      SQ7 got suspended by HKG for 2 weeks for carrying 7 paxes with positive on arrival test results.

The suspension is up to 22/Jan.

And it was reported that HKG will banned transit wef 15/Jan for minimum 1 month. So guess no more SQ8/7 via HKG for the time being.
      Travel advisory: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=ky158imo

Looks like SQ8/7 will be suspended from 25Jan itself, essentially meaning next week is the last week of its service for the time being.

I wonder if SQ will bring back a different fifth freedom route to SFO, like say ICN, which they used to until Oct 2016 if they want to add a fifth freedom route to SFO apart from its nonstop services…

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        Travel advisory: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=ky158imo

Looks like SQ8/7 will be suspended from 25Jan itself, essentially meaning next week is the last week of its service for the time being.

I wonder if SQ will bring back a different fifth freedom route to SFO, like say ICN, which they used to until Oct 2016 if they want to add a fifth freedom route to SFO apart from its nonstop services…
        Unlikely as the moot point for the current rotation was to feed off the loss of CX 870/879

Comment

SQ26 got an A359 (9V-SMW) and I think may be operated with that aircraft for a few days this week.

Is this a last minute equipment swap? Normally, it would be operated with the B77W until late March.

Comment

Well SQ26/25 has their A380 service scheduled back and iCargo at the time I checked is going to be operated by 9V-SKW, one of the newer A380's.

Meanwhile, HKG said from April 1st, it's going to ease some flight restrictions and has reduced quarantine to 7 days. Do you think SQ will resume HKG-SFO by April, or latest June? Something tells me it will still be a couple of months away but will keep checking for news.

On another note, I may fly SQ in December to India and right now given that December is still quite far away, I'm seeing that SQ1/2 are still on the dummy booking. Am I correct in stating that let's say if I book tomorrow, at some point closer to the Winter scheduled (ofc subject to HKG restrictions), that SQ1/2 will turn back to SQ7/8 (from a timings perspective, much more convenient)?

Comment

I hope they put back the 77W onto the SFO-SIN route...

Comment

Working...
              X