Rumour: SQ to return on YVR non-stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
    My guess here is that SQ27 is currently not a designated VTL flight hence load factor should be pretty low on the westbound leg from YVR-SIN. The lower MTOW variant of the A350LH should still make it without issues (though I agree with sbs2716g that it did raise some eyebrows for me too).
    The flight time is 15hr 53 mins for this SQ27 done by 9V-SMI.
    Yes. Most likely the flight load is lower compare to SQ29.

Comment

I'm trying to get YYC-YVR-SIN to price on either AC or SQ websites but can't seem to be able to do it?
      Using sample dates of April 3-14 right now.
      SQ website wants to route me to Seattle on March 31 to pick up this SEA-YVR-SIN flight, or through SFO on April 3.
      AC website only shows options for a two stop(YVR+TYO/TPE/HKG/ICN).
      I was able to get it to price on AC using powertools, but it would only come up as full fare Y(>$5k CAD).

I'm guessing my only option is to self-connect in YVR if I wanted to fly this routing?

Comment

Will the flight still be back again after they going to suspend coming Oct?

Comment

Originally posted by Three80 View Post
          Will the flight still be back again after they going to suspend coming Oct?

My theory of why the YVR route came back "temporarily" even according to some posts in this forum was because CX could not operate because of the draconian HK requirements that aligned with covid zero. However, with the restrictions fully eased in Hong Kong, CX is operating back to YVR, almost daily (if not daily, at least a couple of days a week) and SQ wanted to pick up the slack maybe for that reason.

Tough to believe that YVR route is being axed after a short run from SIN and there is no SQ metal to Canada after October.

Comment

AC have announced that they are returinng to SIN after an absence of almost 30 years, with YVR-SIN non-stop beginning in March 2024. Though not on the same "class of serice" as SQ, at least it does offer Star Alliance and people the option of Canada to Singapore non-stop. With AC launching service I see the there is now even less likely the chance of seeing SQ metal in Canada or YVR in the near future.
            Last edited by wlgspotter; 16 June 2023, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
              AC have announced that they are returinng to SIN after an absence of almost 30 years, with YVR-SIN non-stop beginning in March 2024. Though on on the same "class of serice" as SQ, at least it does offer Star Alliance and people the option of Canada to Singapore non-stop. With AC launching service I see the there is noq even less likely the chance of seeing SQ metal in Canada or YVR in the near future.
              Sometimes I wonder if there is (was/ still) animosity between Air Canada vs Singapore Airlines or between Singapore vs. Canada. They (both countries/ airlines) seems to have on-and-off relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by jul247 View Post

Sometimes I wonder if there is (was/ still) animosity between Air Canada vs Singapore Airlines or between Singapore vs. Canada. They (both countries/ airlines) seems to have on-and-off relationship.
                That is so so very true - I do wonder it at times. But nevertheless I guess for the plane spotter in SIN then seeing AC metal on a regular basis in SIN must be welcome news and something to look forward to!

Comment

Actually AC have been operating some random cargoes flight to SIngapore. AC2317 n AC2319.

saw some videos of them landing/take off at Changi.

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post

That is so so very true - I do wonder it at times. But nevertheless I guess for the plane spotter in SIN then seeing AC metal on a regular basis in SIN must be welcome news and something to look forward to!
                    I wonder the same thing between Air Canada and SAS. Of all the regions Canada has not had service to until recently is the Nordics. And considering the ancestral ties Canada has to Scandinavia (and Finland).

UA and SK have had continuous service between the US and the Nordics for decades now and has presence in most corners (NYC, DC, FL, ORD, CA) so why not AC and SK to Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                      Actually AC have been operating some random cargoes flight to SIngapore. AC2317 n AC2319.

saw some videos of them landing/take off at Changi.
                      Actually is maintenance purposes.

Comment

Working...
                      X