X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FN-GM
    replied
    Originally posted by boing View Post
    Don't think a company of Boeing's magnatitude would make a mistake on something simple as painting a livery on an aircraft.
    It has happened in the past...

Leave a comment:

• boing
    replied
    Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    Thats my whole point. They haven't accepted the aircraft yet so it might be tweaked before delivery.
    Aircraft livery painting, or any maintenance activity on an aircraft for that matter, is not done on a whim. Every curve, line, wording is measured from a reference point on the aircraft such as a window or door or an aircraft station number. These blueprint is done with close consultation and input from the airline before its accepted and sent to the hangar for the painters to spray paint. Their template placement would be closely watched by multiple eyes to prevent mistakes before painting.
    Don't think a company of Boeing's magnatitude would make a mistake on something simple as painting a livery on an aircraft.

Leave a comment:

• Jumbojet Lover
    replied
    They also stopped with the practise of naming every fleet with a suitable nickname. Was looking forward to what they would name the A380 before they stopped it.
    And renaming "Raffles Class" to "Business Class" as well?

Leave a comment:

• FN-GM
    replied
    Representatives from the airline would do a thorough and detailed inspection of the aircraft before they accept it.
    Thats my whole point. They haven't accepted the aircraft yet so it might be tweaked before delivery.

Leave a comment:

• boing
    replied
    Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    It isn't SQ who is painting it, so it might change.

I think they tweaked the A380 livery before delivery. I seem to recall SVA having the SQ logos on the engines at one time.
    Airbus and Boeing paint the aircraft according to the airline's requirement. Representatives from the airline would do a thorough and detailed inspection of the aircraft before they accept it.
    The previous management under CCS was the one that removed SQ logo and engine manufacturer logo from the engines and tweaked with the livery. They also stopped with the practise of naming every fleet with a suitable nickname. Was looking forward to what they would name the A380 before they stopped it.

Leave a comment:

• FN-GM
    replied
    Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
    Interesting how SQ didnt move the cheat line closer to Door 1 like on the previous liveries.

[IMG][/IMG]
    It isn't SQ who is painting it, so it might change.

I think they tweaked the A380 livery before delivery. I seem to recall SVA having the SQ logos on the engines at one time.

Leave a comment:

• Avenger777
    replied
    Interesting how SQ didnt move the cheat line closer to Door 1 like on the previous liveries.

[IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• Unionruler
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt.Sweetchuck View Post
    My wife got an invitation and she is only PPS. We are definitely going!
    Very exciting.
    Hmm is she an influencer (blog, instagram, etc.) or could it be due to her profession?

Leave a comment:

• Sgt.Sweetchuck
    replied
    Originally posted by wdranne View Post
    Has any other PPS Club member here received the invitation to the launch? Wonder what's the 'criteria' for being invited...
    My wife got an invitation and she is only PPS. We are definitely going!
    Very exciting.
    Last edited by Sgt.Sweetchuck; 6 March 2018, 10:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    Great pictures of the 787-10 (SCA), thanks for sharing. Definitely looking forward to the day they are in service this month

Leave a comment:

• 9V-JKL
    replied
    2 more of 9V-SCA

Photo Credit: Cassica Studios

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    Looks beautiful! (Whoops, there is a dust spot there!)

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...iner/4879313/L

Leave a comment:

• ninervictor
    replied
    Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
    What did you say, again? You claim that all you said was when they took delivery of them. You never said that. Instead, you simply asked if we could "remember when we had A330s". I don't know where you got your English lessons from but referring to "had" A330s clearly means that in the present, we do not have A330s.

And when you're confronted with your own gibberish, you show just how irresponsible and immature you are in being unable to own up to your own rubbish and take responsibility for making misleading statements, and instead try to squirm and twist your way out of what are very clear prior statements made by yourself.

Seriously, just spare us your nonsensical posts. Stop commenting for the sake of commenting. I've only been surfing SQTalk for a couple of years but it's already starting to annoy me when I have to on so many occasions scroll through many of your clogging and/or conjecture and/or speculation and/or ill-conceived posts. Grow up, please?
    I couldn't agree more.

Leave a comment:

• JonathanL
    replied
    Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
    What did you say, again? You claim that all you said was when they took delivery of them. You never said that. Instead, you simply asked if we could "remember when we had A330s". I don't know where you got your English lessons from but referring to "had" A330s clearly means that in the present, we do not have A330s.

And when you're confronted with your own gibberish, you show just how irresponsible and immature you are in being unable to own up to your own rubbish and take responsibility for making misleading statements, and instead try to squirm and twist your way out of what are very clear prior statements made by yourself.

Seriously, just spare us your nonsensical posts. Stop commenting for the sake of commenting. I've only been surfing SQTalk for a couple of years but it's already starting to annoy me when I have to on so many occasions scroll through many of your clogging and/or conjecture and/or speculation and/or ill-conceived posts. Grow up, please?
    I got to agree with this too. Been surfing SQtalk for a couple months as a guest and I really thought of telling him to tone it down too.

Every now and then seeing his personal opinion is OK, but when its on a near-daily basis on a few threads its indeed becoming an annoyance.
    Can the mods please tell him officially to tone it down?

Leave a comment:

• PPSFlyer
    replied
    Originally posted by pokfur View Post
    I think firstly, you might need to be a Solitaire.
    I know quite a few Solitaires who have not been invited either. Been invited for the movie at Great World City last year and the HSBC Golf Championship tomorrow though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X