X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djsflynn
    replied
    Yeah, now I'm just showing off...

This is cover image of the media itinerary received today for the delivery flight of the first 787-10 – Charleston looks quite pretty in the background, a shame the schedule gives us no time to poke around

Leave a comment:

• djsflynn
    replied
    Do you have seat numbers? If so, I can make a jotting in my journo notebook to check those for you (and also to check if any seats are 'windowless').
    Last edited by djsflynn; 15 March 2018, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lcpteck
    replied
    Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
    Also FYI, cabin pics under strict embargo until SQ8878 arrives in Singapore.
    I hope I've chosen the right seats for my KIX flight. It's the 2nd row on the right window and 2nd last row on the left window, both in Business Class. I wonder if these are nearer to the window or nearer to the aisle. I want to try 1 of each I guess.

Leave a comment:

• boing
    replied
    Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
    Your handle’s missing an “e” in the middle.
    I wouldn't have known

Leave a comment:

• djsflynn
    replied
    Also FYI, cabin pics under strict embargo until SQ8878 arrives in Singapore.

Leave a comment:

• djsflynn
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Interesting coincidence that the stop happens to be at KIX, but based on those times, I can't imagine there'd be any fanfare planned!
    The tech stop was originally slated at being Anchorage, Alaska, then changed pre-KIX announcement to KIX... but you know, I'd not put it past the Japanese to have a TV crew out there filming away at sparrow-fart to have some nice visuals for the morning TV news!

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    As promised, an update on delivery flight SQ8878 based on the latest media itinerary
    * departs Charleston at 2100 on Monday March 26
    * arrives into Osaka for a tech stop from 0230 to 0330 on Wednesday March 28
    * arrives Singapore at 1000 on March 28, with arrival ceremony at JetQuay from 1020
    Interesting coincidence that the stop happens to be at KIX, but based on those times, I can't imagine there'd be any fanfare planned!

Leave a comment:

• djsflynn
    replied
    Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    I guess the aircraft might dock at gate F60 rather than the usual B7?
    On that, I have less than zero idea.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    As promised, an update on delivery flight SQ8878 based on the latest media itinerary
    * arrives Singapore at 1000 on March 28, with arrival ceremony at JetQuay from 1020
    Thank you so much for the update, djsflynn!

I guess the aircraft might dock at gate F60 rather than the usual B7?
    Last edited by 9V-SPL; 13 March 2018, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• djsflynn
    replied
    Last edited by djsflynn; 13 March 2018, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-JKL
    replied
    9V-SCB 1st Flight today

https://twitter.com/PSBoeingTstFlts/...42221801340929

Leave a comment:

• plumpflyer
    replied
    Anyone booked on the first day of operation 3th March 2018?
    SQ973 J
    Bangkok - Singapore

Leave a comment:

• yflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
    Looks like SQ has painted their 787 engine cowlings white, while their latest A380s still have the light grey cowlings. I wonder if this is going to be the 'new look' for the SQ fleet?
    The white 787 engines might have something to do with fuel efficiency...where even the thickness of paint seems to affect airflow and therefore efficiency...

An interesting a.net thread on this topic below.

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=770095

Leave a comment:

• icn.sg
    replied
    Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    Photo Credit: Cassica Studios
    Looks like SQ has painted their 787 engine cowlings white, while their latest A380s still have the light grey cowlings. I wonder if this is going to be the 'new look' for the SQ fleet?

Leave a comment:

• Wan1dap
    replied
    Originally posted by boing View Post
    Aircraft livery painting, or any maintenance activity on an aircraft for that matter, is not done on a whim. Every curve, line, wording is measured from a reference point on the aircraft such as a window or door or an aircraft station number. These blueprint is done with close consultation and input from the airline before its accepted and sent to the hangar for the painters to spray paint. Their template placement would be closely watched by multiple eyes to prevent mistakes before painting.
    Don't think a company of Boeing's magnatitude would make a mistake on something simple as painting a livery on an aircraft.
    Your handle’s missing an “e” in the middle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X