No announcement yet.

The new SQ cabin classes - Discussion & speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps those of you with better insights can shed some light on this but looking at the pictures it seems we have lost the possibility of dining face to face with a travel companion? That has always been one of my favourite features of the original suites. Stunning work in any case, and much better double bed than in the current one (and Etihad’s, for that matter) where there was an awkward separation at the head level (and legs in Etihad)

Comment

• WOW! They shouldn't call it Suites or Apartment, they should call it 'Hotel."

I especially like that they have a double bed that doesn't have a giant partition between it like EY does.

Comment

• Colors are very bland.....looks like Mount E A1 or A2 bed. SQ knocked out all 1st class 10 years ago. With this, I am not sure apart from the generous estate..
        Last edited by SQ_326; 31 October 2017, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
          Colors are very bland.....looks like Mount E A1 or A2 bed. SQ knocked out all 1st class 10 years ago. With this, I am not sure apart from the generous estate..
          These mockups will surely not be reflecting the final materials, I’m sure it’ll be stunning on the real thing

Comment

• Yay for everybody on SQtalk but anyone think that heads will roll for this leak?

Comment

• This has clearly got to be a mock up. In the picture below, the small tv/tablet is gone from the wall.

Last edited by Avenger777; 1 November 2017, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Initial impressions are that this competes directly with Etihad's Apartments, but now I'm wondering whether the evident 'expanse' of empty space around the swivel chair is useful, aside from creating an impression of a "room". Maybe there is an ottoman? Can two dine together? No vanity a la Etihad.

Also wondering about the color scheme, which seems to build on the muted Y+ look and is not as opulent IMO as the Suites colors.

Comment

• Originally posted by 76er View Post
                  Yay for everybody on SQtalk but anyone think that heads will roll for this leak?
                  I think this was done intentionally and timed just hours before the real thing to push the anticipation to feverish heights. The photos look too good to be spy shots. No sight of the J seat too.

Can the bed be folded? I can put a mat and do Yoga there. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
                    I think this was done intentionally and timed just hours before the real thing to push the anticipation to feverish heights. The photos look too good to be spy shots. No sight of the J seat too.
                    It is an absurd assertion that it was intentional. There's no need to "push anticipation to feverish heights". A leak like that detracts from the main event and spoils the surprise. It also undermines all the effort by the SQ team to keep it under wraps for an exciting unveiling. Moreover, if it's indeed the final product, such a leak doesn't show it in the best light and doesn't give the best first impression.

Decent quality photos doesn't mean it was a deliberate leak. It could mean that whoever wasn't supposed to have them got hold of them...

Comment

• I hope the new A380 will feature the following:

- Dedicated bathroom for Premium Economy
                      - Upsized (Larger portion) meals for Premium Economy
                      - Lounge access for Premium Economy
                      - 1.5 x Changi transit vouchers for Premium Economy, 2 x for Business and 3 x First
                      - Priority disembarkation for Premium Economy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                        It is an absurd assertion that it was intentional. There's no need to "push anticipation to feverish heights". A leak like that detracts from the main event and spoils the surprise. It also undermines all the effort by the SQ team to keep it under wraps for an exciting unveiling. Moreover, if it's indeed the final product, such a leak doesn't show it in the best light and doesn't give the best first impression.

Decent quality photos doesn't mean it was a deliberate leak. It could mean that whoever wasn't supposed to have them got hold of them...
                        A leak is quite a common marketing strategy, especially when the product is highly anticipated.

https://www.macobserver.com/tmo/arti...trolled_leaks/

I am not saying it will work all the time though, and it really depends on how it is executed. It may be a spoiler for some, or could intensify the yearning to see the real thing for others. But you are are right to doubt as deliberate leaks can seldom be proven with dead certainty.

Comment

• Seems that the general concept of the seat (flipping the back to make it full flat) in C remains untouched. So I don't expect a revolution there.

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                          I hope the new A380 will feature the following:

- Dedicated bathroom for Premium Economy
                          If I interpret the layout correctly, seems your wish is not becoming reality. Theoretically they could make the two front toilets between PEY and Y only accessible to PEY, but if I look the total number of toilets on the lower deck, it seems that they would need to open all to Y to make it work.

Comment

• Originally posted by 76er View Post
                            Yay for everybody on SQtalk but anyone think that heads will roll for this leak?
                            I doubt it. The amount of people who have seen images of the new cabins over the last few weeks is quite high so tracking who did it would be quite difficult, even if they were bothered, which I doubt. As others have said, sometimes these things are done deliberately.....although granted it's not the sort of thing some of the old fuddy-duddies at SQ would usually want to do.
                            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 1 November 2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Just to sum up some observations and correct wrong assumptions:

- There will be 6 beds (hidden in the walls)
                              - 1A/2A and 1F/2F can become double beds
                              - No face to face dining possible
                              - TV mounted over the bed (in the aisle wall) can be taken out and adjusted in angle and height
                              - higher walls than current suites for more privacy
                              - 50% larger footprint compared to suites today

The single-aisle upper deck layout was 'invented' by Etihad. It was Lufthansa who introduced separate bed and seat though.

SQ takes this now to Private Jet levels: you have a free standing swivel-chair and you have the biggest room in the sky. Combine two suites and you really feel like on a Private Jet. Unparalleled. Materials are now on a high-end level like you find on Air France.

Comment

• Does anyone else think 1A looks bigger? Curious if it'd be blocked off for HVCs or some type of 'premium first' fare.
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X