No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What an awful day for SQ's operations teams and affected passengers caused by utter third-party incompetence.

Comment

• Screenshot_20230101_141435_Chrome.jpg
      Updating from SQ637 (NRT - SIN), I knew something was amiss 1hr into the flight when we started circling. 2hrs in, the captain announces the decision to return to NRT, due to the issues with PH airspace. Landed in NRT 4hrs after departing. Sat on a remote stand for a further 3hrs (water and snacks loaded) , before eventually departing for the second time. 14hrs for NRT - SIN, must be a record!

Comment

• SQ038|01JAN (SIN-LAX) is once again operated by 9V-SMK with MTOW of 275tonnes instead of the originally scheduled A350 with MTOW of 280tonnes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
          SQ027|01JAN (SEA-SIN) operated by 9V-SJA, previously diverted to HND, will now operate HND-HKG-SIN.
          SQ047|01JAN (YVR-SIN) operated by 9V-SJD, previously diverted to KIX, will now operate KIX-HKG-SIN.
          Hmm… why was the HKG stop factored in? HND and KIX are able to refuel and resupply.

Comment

• Must be crew related. And one of the empty cargo flights to HK must have brought over replacement flight crew.
            If my guess is correct the pax from SQ27/47 would have been transferred to other flights (ANA/SQ) in KIX & HND to complete the trip to SG.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
              Must be crew related. And one of the empty cargo flights to HK must have brought over replacement flight crew.
              If my guess is correct the pax from SQ27/47 would have been transferred to other flights (ANA/SQ) in KIX & HND to complete the trip to SG.
              Pax of SQ27&47 transited at Hong Kong while the crew was changed.

Comment

• Thank God my flight on SQ32 did not get delayed significantly on 2JAN. I feel bad for those traveling back after the holidays of being stuck in this situation. It was not fun at all.

But, a few changes did happen thru iCargo...Initially I was supposed to get 9V-SJB on the way back, later changed to 9V-SJD, and since those flights it was not known when it was going to reach SIN to turn around for SQ32 on 2JAN, they put us with a 3 year old A350 9V-SMV, which still has the new seats. So that explains why LAX has been operating some of the older A350's.

I bet the older A350's with the 2013 Y-class seats are much more comfortable than the ones with the 2017 Y, which I flew both on SQ33/528/529/32 because I found the 2017 Y kind of cramped as well as my parents and despite the 2013 products reaching 10 years old, it still looks like a new product to today's standards.

My friend (old coworker) on the other hand who was supposed to meet me in Changi (coming from CMB) initially would have gotten 9V-SHN, then got switched to 9V-SHW (newer, lucky him), but even then his flight was delayed at least 1 hour, and he got there 1 hour late and by the time he got to Terminal 3 to try to meet me, it was already time to go to the gate hold room. Changi it sounds like you have to go to the gate hold 1 hour before departure. Go figure! The worst part is both our flights landed in T2 and had to take the Skytrain to T3 (wish we would have landed in T3 instead).

Thank God his flight to NZ (AKL) on SQ281 did not get delayed, but just happy everyone got there safely.

Comment

• SQ165|05JAN (SIN-REP) operated by 9V-MBB is delayed due to technical issue with the aircraft.
                  STD: 1640
                  ETD: 2230
                  Last edited by Not You; 6 January 2023, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• SQ104|09JAN (SIN-KUL) will be operated by the A359ULR (9V-SGA) instead of the Boeing 737MAX8.

Comment

• SQ325 (9/Jan) have been retimed to depart at 2000hrs (10/Jan). Delay of almost 22 hours.

Flight number have been changed to SQ9325. Aircraft is 9V-SMF.

Comment

• SQ285|11JAN (SIN-AKL) will be operated by the A380 (9V-SKN) instead of the originally scheduled B777-300ER.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                          SQ325 (9/Jan) have been retimed to depart at 2000hrs (10/Jan). Delay of almost 22 hours.

Flight number have been changed to SQ9325. Aircraft is 9V-SMF.
                          9V-SMS is operating SQ9325 instead.

Comment

• SQ223|12JAN (SIN-PER) will be operated by B787 (9V-SCO) instead of the A359MH.

Comment

• SQ934|18JAN (SIN-DPS) will be operated by the Boeing 737-MAX8 (9V-MBI) instead of the Boeing 737-800NG.

Comment

• SQ536|21JAN (SIN-COK) was delayed 4 hours as original aircraft 9V-MBD returned to bay resulting in aircraft change to 9V-MBK.
                                SQ928|22JAN (SIN-SUB) operated by 9V-MGE diverted to DPS due to bad weather at SUB.
                                SQ946|22JAN (SIN-DPS) will be operated by the B737MAX8 instead of the NG.
                                SQ223|23JAN (SIN-PER) will be operated by B787 (9V-SCC) instead of the A359MH.
                                Last edited by Not You; 23 January 2023, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X