Samsung Galaxy Phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Galaxy Phones

I'm sure I have said this too many times, and I have educated my parents about this, even though it is best to ask around the forums/check with SQ closer to the day of departure, but:

SQ (along with major carriers) now ban the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones from being brought onboard, but we have a Samsung Galaxy E7 white phone that only works on cellular data to call/text/receive texts/calls only in India. The thing is because my mom is taking SQ31 this December, a couple of days before my dad and I leave, she wants to charge her phone during the long haul flight on SQ31. However, she questions whether it is okay to do so.

I keep reminding her if it is anything except the Samsung Note, it would not be a problem, but always check with SQ if not sure. Would it be okay to bring the Galaxy E7 and charge it in flight? Thanks.

I'm struggling to understand. Why wouldn't it be ok?

I'm absolutely certain that the crew can tell between a Note 7 and a Galaxy E7. Put it this way, Samsung phones are one of the most popular out there, and it won't be just your mum carrying one. If the SQ crew can't figure out which model is which, there will be pandemonium on board.

If you are truly worried about issues with the crew, do as you said, i.e. check with SQ. Get it in writing, print the email out, and carry it onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by cowie View Post
      I'm struggling to understand. Why wouldn't it be ok?

I'm absolutely certain that the crew can tell between a Note 7 and a Galaxy E7. Put it this way, Samsung phones are one of the most popular out there, and it won't be just your mum carrying one. If the SQ crew can't figure out which model is which, there will be pandemonium on board.

If you are truly worried about issues with the crew, do as you said, i.e. check with SQ. Get it in writing, print the email out, and carry it onboard.
      Thanks! I definitely think that's the same thing I told my mom enough times. Anyway, we will do that in either case.

Comment

Working...
      X