SQ245 goes from A330 to 777-200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ245 goes from A330 to 777-200

Just noticed a flight on the 9th of December has been switched to a 777-200. Looking to rebook now.

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    Just noticed a flight on the 9th of December has been switched to a 777-200. Looking to rebook now.
    Ah yes, all those old 772s with nothing to do once they come off CPT or some other flight which is gifted a 77W from the next destination to go A350...

Comment

From October 30 according to AusBT http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...ss-to-brisbane

Nice for J pax but no so good down the back

Comment

Off top of my head I don't think its one with flat beds either

Although I would still change because of the crappy IFE.

Comment

Seems that it is with flat beds. I would accept the crappy IFE if would get flat bed on certain other regional routes.

Comment

flew back from Brisbane to SIN on 25th Sep and aircraft was substituted from the A330 to a old 772. Looks like SIA do have quite some spare capacity with its 772s.

Comment

If the article is correct, which I'm sure SQ would have made sure of, the flight will be served by one of the SV-series 772ER refurbs. More and more A330s are leaving the fleet due to leases expiring and the 772s are taking over as they lose their previous long haul roles.

Capacity won't suffer greatly as it is almost the same in both cabins. The big winners are J passengers who get the 77W-like seats, although admittedly with old IFE. The big losers are Y passengers who get a 15 year old plane with new seat covers that are actually less comfortable than the ones they replaced. Probably explains why only "Business Traveller" is being told about this!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                Seems that it is with flat beds. I would accept the crappy IFE if would get flat bed on certain other regional routes.
                Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                The big winners are J passengers who get the 77W-like seats, although admittedly with old IFE.
                Personally I would rather have regional J with the newer IFE. I wouldn't be sleeping on SQ245 so would be wide awake needing something to do.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                  Personally I would rather have regional J with the newer IFE. I wouldn't be sleeping on SQ245 so would be wide awake needing something to do.
                  It's a very good point, and why I hate that MEL suffers it's 772 on SQ207/8, both daytime flights, effectively. But of course, if you add a packed Y cabin and the most uncomfortable seats in the fleet to the equation, well....

Comment

SQ207/208 is daily A359 now.
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      It's a very good point, and why I hate that MEL suffers it's 772 on SQ207/8, both daytime flights, effectively. But of course, if you add a packed Y cabin and the most uncomfortable seats in the fleet to the equation, well....
                      Well those old birds have to go somewhere......might as well be on a flight which is popular and people have no choice......bang-for-buck for SQ. Lolol.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                        SQ207/208 is daily A359 now.
                        I'd love it if it were going to remain so, but it is scheduled to end shortly before the SFO service commences. I have bookings on either SQ207 or 208 in early November, late January and late June and every one of them is still showing as 772 SV-series.

I'm holding out hope but not expecting it...

Comment

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                          Well those old birds have to go somewhere......
                          Preferably the breakers....

Comment

Working...
                          X