Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgin America: Seatblocking for Awards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin America: Seatblocking for Awards?

Wanted to check whether anyone has tried to redeem Virgin America Elevate points on SQ:

BKK-SIN is the one route where SQ gives lots of inventory in “I” not only to its own member but also to partners.

I checked availability with *A partners for a particular flight (Air Canada, Avianca Lifemiles and ANA) and all three partners could see “I” inventory.

When I contacted Virgin America, two independent people told me there is no inventory made available at all. This is very odd – why would partner inventory be different given that SQ has a pretty close relationship with the Virgin brand...

For the given day, Virgin America sees zero availability for Economy (X) and Business (I) and I don’t think that’s right. Either there is an IT issue where Krisflyer doesn’t feed this correctly or Virgin America would apply “seat blocking” not allowing their members to book seats that are in principle available.

Any insights from anyone? The responses I have gotten from SQ are so bad, I can't even share
Working...
X