No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was making an upcoming booking to NYC in December and realized the non-stop route between SIN and JFK SQ23/24 (A359ULR) has been excluded in the inventory. Not sure if SQ has worked out the numbers and realize that 3x premium-heavy daily flights are excessive for NYC, at least during the winter period.

Comment

• Msn 564, the next SQ A350-900 has been rolled out onto the Flightline. The window configuration on the starboard side indicates that it is a Long range version. This is likely to be either 9V-SJC or 9V-SJD.

Attached Files
      Last edited by SQKevin; 29 June 2022, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
        Msn 564, the next SQ A350-900 has been rolled out onto the Flightline. The window configuration on the starboard side indicates that it is a Long range version. This is likely to be either 9V-SJC or 9V-SJD.

Msn_564_9V-SJ_Roll_Out.jpg
        Good to know they did not just omit SJC and SJD even though it's interesting why SJE came before SJC or SJD.

Given the number of nonstop flights occurring to the US (YVR, SEA, SFO, and LAX tend to use the newer frames SMV-SJE), do you know when this frame could be delivered?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zlamba View Post
          Was making an upcoming booking to NYC in December and realized the non-stop route between SIN and JFK SQ23/24 (A359ULR) has been excluded in the inventory. Not sure if SQ has worked out the numbers and realize that 3x premium-heavy daily flights are excessive for NYC, at least during the winter period.
          This is the same thing I was wondering likewise for my SFO to MAA flights. The day I was booking my December ticket in April, I found that SFO-SIN had 3 possible flight options (2 nonstop, SQ33 and SQ31 and one via HKG SQ1 and returning SQ32, SQ34 (3PM departure, probably more likely to be an evening 7PM departure), SQ2 via HKG).

Just a few weeks later after I booked my flights (Ofc SQ1/2 on the 77W were actually the cheapest compared to the nonstop), I saw that they removed SQ1/2 and SQ33/34 and instead put SQ31/32, which is still the case now, but my booking is unaffected too likewise.

I'm partially wondering the same thing, too.

Comment

• Msn 564, the next SQ A350-900 will be 9V-SJC, a Long Range version. She completed her First Flight yesterday.

Photo source: a380.boards.net
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SQKevin; 29 June 2022, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post

Good to know they did not just omit SJC and SJD even though it's interesting why SJE came before SJC or SJD.

Given the number of nonstop flights occurring to the US (YVR, SEA, SFO, and LAX tend to use the newer frames SMV-SJE), do you know when this frame could be delivered?
              Depending on how fast the Flight Testing programme goes, 9V-SJC should be delivered in early July or possibly even in late June. She just completed her First Flight yesterday. SQ A350s typically undergo 3-4 test flights before delivery.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                Msn 564, the next SQ A350-900 will be 9V-SJC, a Long Range version. She completed her First Flight yesterday.

9V-SJC_First_Flight_2.jpg

9V-SJC_First_Flight_1.jpg

Photo source: a380.boards.net
                The remaining 6 A350s to be delivered are in the Long Range config.

Comment

This is the same thing I was wondering likewise for my SFO to MAA flights. The day I was booking my December ticket in April, I found that SFO-SIN had 3 possible flight options (2 nonstop, SQ33 and SQ31 and one via HKG SQ1 and returning SQ32, SQ34 (3PM departure, probably more likely to be an evening 7PM departure), SQ2 via HKG).

Just a few weeks later after I booked my flights (Ofc SQ1/2 on the 77W were actually the cheapest compared to the nonstop), I saw that they removed SQ1/2 and SQ33/34 and instead put SQ31/32, which is still the case now, but my booking is unaffected too likewise.

I'm partially wondering the same thing, too.
                  I think SQ1/2 won't come back till HK actually opens its borders. There's no good reason to stop over in HKIA at this point for SQ I guess, since there will be few people leaving the flight in HK and possibly no one joining the flight in HK...

Comment

• 9V-SJC is scheduled to arrive in SIN on Wednesday (29JUN22) at 1350hrs as SQ8895.

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post

I think SQ1/2 won't come back till HK actually opens its borders. There's no good reason to stop over in HKIA at this point for SQ I guess, since there will be few people leaving the flight in HK and possibly no one joining the flight in HK...
                      A lot can change between now and December. I'm not holding my breath on the flight numbers being exactly like I booked, even if HKG comes back, I suspect it will be SQ7/8 like last year. On the SQ website, back in January, they did say they suspended SQ7/8 temporarily, so if at all it comes back, my guess is it will be those flight numbers. Hopefully it'll be 77W, but we'll see. They usually only update the Winter schedule in mid to late September, so everything at this point is status quo, but we'll see.

Oh and also, they removed SQ33/34, so even if someone were to book today, we only see SQ31/32, but the only thing that hasn't changed is the MAA flights (if anything they added another flight on the 737 MAX in the daytime from SIN), so luckily my dad whose flights are days earlier than mine and days later than mine is not affected as his flights are SQ31/32 on the A350.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                        9V-SJC is scheduled to arrive in SIN on Wednesday (29JUN22) at 1350hrs as SQ8895.
                        Thanks for the update. When you mentioned 6 more deliveries will be in long haul config, that would be SJC, SJD, SJF, SJG, SJH. Any word on SJD?

The A340-300 used the SJ* series too, I guess they went up to SJO only.

How many more A350's apart from those mentioned are on order or those 6 are the final ones coming in?

Comment

How many more A350's apart from those mentioned are on order or those 6 are the final ones coming in?
                          Only 6 more A350s left on order.

Comment

• The 61st SQ A350-900, 9V-SJD, has rolled out onto the Flightline. Another Long Range version.

Comment

• 9V-SJC is displaying her Final Registration and all ready for her Delivery Flight early tomorrow morning.

Comment

• 9V-SJC has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is currently scheduled to arrive at Changi today at 3.45pm local time.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X