X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pax stopped from stealing cutlery

Mass robbery.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...tlery-20130829

HONG KONG - In the latest controversy involving Chinese tourists, a group of mainland travellers surprised Singapore Airlines (SIA) staff when they refused to hand over 30 sets of stainless steel tableware during a recent flight, Chinese media reported.

It was only after repeated warnings from a tour guide that the passengers agreed to hand them back to flight attendants, South China Morning Post reported, citing Qianjiang Evening News.

The Chinese passengers were on a tour of Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand. While onboard the SIA flight, they had intended to keep the stainless steel knives and forks provided during a meal, the report said.
    Reminds me of a story an IFS told me. She was on a flight that just landed somewhere east of Bangladesh and the pax were all getting off. She was stationed at the main door when she noticed that many of the pax were wearing a similar coloured veil over their heads. Took her 3 secs to notice that they were the airline blankets. She had to chase after them to get them back. I'm always in awe of what our Singapore Girls have to do to earn their pay.

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Mass robbery.

Reminds me of a story an IFS told me. She was on a flight that just landed somewhere east of Bangladesh and the pax were all getting off. She was stationed at the main door when she noticed that many of the pax were wearing a similar coloured veil over their heads. Took her 3 secs to notice that they were the airline blankets. She had to chase after them to get them back. I'm always in awe of what our Singapore Girls have to do to earn their pay.
    Thanks for posting CarbonMan. However you do realise that this is the Comedy Awards thread, as opposed to the Comedy thread, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Thanks for posting CarbonMan. However you do realise that this is the Comedy Awards thread, as opposed to the Comedy thread, don't you?
      you mean this doesn't quite qualify for an award? Damn, you guys are hard, okay, how much do you want me to pay?

Comment

The award should go to the guy who once secretly took a nice Sake glass from one of his SQ flights and then told everyone on SQTalk that it is ok to to take those things from the airline.

Comment

you mean this doesn't quite qualify for an award? Damn, you guys are hard, okay, how much do you want me to pay?
          The usual penalty is free-flow of Krug for whoever shows up...

Comment

I agree, penalty... now where's the Krug?

Comment

LOL! Alas, I don't own any bubbly from Champagne and I'm a mere lowly working for a , so I can ill afford to pander to your gilded taste buds.

I'm trying to do a RTW SIN-EWR/LAX-SIN Sep 21/Sep 30 on the 345s before they disappear. Why don't you join me and you can have your Krug/DP 16/18 hours non-stop.

Comment

Mass robbery.

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                The award should go to the guy who once secretly took a nice Sake glass from one of his SQ flights and then told everyone on SQTalk that it is ok to to take those things from the airline.
                Where is THIS thread?!? How did I miss it?!?

LOL! Alas, I don't own any bubbly from Champagne and I'm a mere lowly working for a , so I can ill afford to pander to your gilded taste buds.

I'm trying to do a RTW SIN-EWR/LAX-SIN Sep 21/Sep 30 on the 345s before they disappear. Why don't you join me and you can have your Krug/DP 16/18 hours non-stop.
                Your statements are contradictory. You can't afford, yet are doing a RTW?!?

And there is no Krug/DP on the A345.

Hmmm...I've heard a further penalty is assessed to the tune of 3 bottles.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Make it the 10/10 on SIN-EWR and I'll meet you onboard. <- note it's beer

Alternatively, SQ1 on the 18th Oct...

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    Where is THIS thread?!? How did I miss it?!?
                    You missed this classic?

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7804

Comment

Your statements are contradictory. You can't afford, yet are doing a RTW?!?
                      No contradiction. It's 's money; I need to him in NYC and as well as attend to some other stuff, coincidentally, in the West Coast.

And there is no Krug/DP on the A345.
                      Huh! Why is that? I beg ignorance as most of the time the only bubbly stuff I drink is diet soda. I thought I saw DP in J a week ago.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      Make it the 10/10 on SIN-EWR and I'll meet you onboard. <- note it's beer

Alternatively, SQ1 on the 18th Oct...
                      Sorry sir, 10/10 is a tad too long to delay. And how I wish SQ1 is one of my work routes - SFO is such a charming place.

Comment

Working...
                      X