X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
    That's weird :/ did SQ just convert it into a 777-200ER? Perhaps a sign that it is exiting service soon, like 9V-SQI, which is also listed as a 777-200ER?
    The only reason that I can think of as to why they decommissioned a refitted 772 rather than a purple cabin is that it is leased, unlike many of their older 772s. They stated in a report last year that a number of 777s were to be returned to the lessors by end of March this year.

It just so happens that SRN is also marked as leased on planespotters, but tbh I'm not sure how accurate that list is when it comes to leasing arrangements and in the last few days, all information about seating configuration and about specific lessors has disappeared or become hidden. Can't woork out what that's all about...

Leave a comment:

• wlgspotter
    replied
    Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    It was done some time ago. I think for routes to NZ.
    Yep I remember both SQI and SRN operated SQ297/8 (CHC) and SQ281/2 (AKL) a couple of years back, before switching back to the SV* series B777-212ER birds. I think I read somewhere (may have been on A-Net forums) then that the cabin crew didn't like those birds as for such a long as to NZ, those 2 birds lack proper crew rest areas.

Leave a comment:

• FN-GM
    replied
    Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
    That's weird :/ did SQ just convert it into a 777-200ER? Perhaps a sign that it is exiting service soon, like 9V-SQI, which is also listed as a 777-200ER?
    It was done some time ago. I think for routes to NZ.

Leave a comment:

• FSJZ
    replied
    Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    FYI 9V-SRN is a 777-200ER according to the Singapore Aircraft register.

http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb2010/e...e_No_Jan15.pdf

Leave a comment:

• FN-GM
    replied
    FYI 9V-SRN is a 777-200ER according to the Singapore Aircraft register.

http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb2010/e...e_No_Jan15.pdf

Leave a comment:

• FSJZ
    replied
    Singapore Airlines Fleet & Orders (Updated 8 February 2015)

SINGAPORE AIRLINES FLEET & ORDERS (UPDATED 8 FEBRUARY 2015)

Airbus A330-300

In Service: 30
    On Order: 4
    EIS: 2015
    Seating: 30J/255Y (Regional J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-STA
    - 9V-STB
    - 9V-STC
    - 9V-STD
    - 9V-STE
    - 9V-STF
    - 9V-STG
    - 9V-STH
    - 9V-STI
    - 9V-STJ
    - 9V-STK
    - 9V-STL
    - 9V-STM
    - 9V-STN
    - 9V-STO
    - 9V-STP
    - 9V-STQ
    - 9V-STR
    - 9V-STS
    - 9V-STT
    - 9V-STU
    - 9V-STV
    - 9V-STW
    - 9V-STY
    - 9V-STZ
    - 9V-SSA
    - 9V-SSB
    - 9V-SSC
    - 9V-SSD
    - 9V-SSE

Airbus A350-900

On Order: 70
    EIS: 2016 - 2017
    Seating: TBA

Airbus A380-800

In Service: 19
    On Order: 5
    EIS: 2017-2018
    Seating 1: 12R/60J/399Y (2006 R, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SKA
    - 9V-SKB
    - 9V-SKC
    - 9V-SKD
    - 9V-SKE
    - 9V-SKF
    - 9V-SKG
    - 9V-SKH
    - 9V-SKI
    - 9V-SKJ
    - 9V-SKK

Seating 2: 12R/86J/311Y (2006 R, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SKL
    - 9V-SKM
    - 9V-SKN
    - 9V-SKP
    - 9V-SKQ
    - 9V-SKR
    - 9V-SKS
    - 9V-SKT

Boeing 777-200

In Service: 13
    Seating 1: 38J/228Y (Regional J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SQJ
    - 9V-SQK
    - 9V-SQL
    - 9V-SQM
    - 9V-SQN
    - 9V-SRM
    - 9V-SRN
    - 9V-SRO
    - 9V-SRP
    - 9V-SRQ

Seating 2: 30J/293Y (Ultimo J, 1997 Y)

- 9V-SRJ
    - 9V-SRK
    - 9V-SRL

Boeing 777-200ER

In Service: 13
    Seating 1: 30J/255Y (Spacebed J, 1997 Y)

- 9V-SVF
    - 9V-SVH
    - 9V-SVK
    - 9V-SVO

Seating 2: 26J/245Y (2006 J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SVB
    - 9V-SVC
    - 9V-SVE
    - 9V-SVG
    - 9V-SVI
    - 9V-SVJ
    - 9V-SVL
    - 9V-SVM
    - 9V-SVN

Boeing 777-300

In Service: 7
    Seating: 8F/50J/226Y (2006 F, Regional J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SYF
    - 9V-SYG
    - 9V-SYH
    - 9V-SYI
    - 9V-SYJ
    - 9V-SYK
    - 9V-SYL

Boeing 777-300ER

In Service: 24
    On Order: 3
    EIS: 2015
    Seating 1: 8F/42J/228Y (2006 F, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SWA
    - 9V-SWB
    - 9V-SWD
    - 9V-SWE
    - 9V-SWF
    - 9V-SWG
    - 9V-SWH
    - 9V-SWI
    - 9V-SWJ
    - 9V-SWK
    - 9V-SWL
    - 9V-SWM
    - 9V-SWN
    - 9V-SWO
    - 9V-SWP
    - 9V-SWQ
    - 9V-SWR
    - 9V-SWS
    - 9V-SWT

Seating 2: 8F/42J/228Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWU
    - 9V-SWV
    - 9V-SWW
    - 9V-SWY
    - 9V-SWZ

Boeing 787-10

On Order: 30
    EIS: 2018 - 2019
    Seating: TBA

Total

In Service: 106
    On Order: 112

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by Durian View Post
    Yep, to put it simply, the Zimbabwe's coffers are his coffers

With such a reliable client, I would expect CAA to ask for USD cash-upfront payment for landing fees, parking. Same for refueling and catering ! Unless there is some gentle arm-twisting in the background to forego the charges...
    Yes, I was pretty sure no serious foreign entity who employs even as little as one accountant would be accepting ZWD. If nothing else, it would result in having to substantially widen the balance sheet to fit in all the extra zeros required.

Leave a comment:

• Durian
    replied
    Originally posted by 259850 View Post
    He literally has access to all of the central bank's foreign reserves, which is used to pay for his trips to SIN for shopping and doctors' visits. Mt E Hospital doctors' fees will sometimes put the fuel cost of a trans-Indian Ocean flight to shame. Thankfully our family is well-insured here.
    Yep, to put it simply, the Zimbabwe's coffers are his coffers

With such a reliable client, I would expect CAA to ask for USD cash-upfront payment for landing fees, parking. Same for refueling and catering ! Unless there is some gentle arm-twisting in the background to forego the charges...

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    The last one is a real puzzle. How can that madman's airline afford fuel to fly to SIN???
    He literally has access to all of the central bank's foreign reserves, which is used to pay for his trips to SIN for shopping and doctors' visits. Mt E Hospital doctors' fees will sometimes put the fuel cost of a trans-Indian Ocean flight to shame. Thankfully our family is well-insured here.

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by Durian View Post
    SQF was spotted last Sunday

Then same day that one returned from RBA, could not read the plate

And that one... the dictator is in town
    The RBA one I would assume to be 9V-SVD. If planespotters is correct, it and SQF are making an exit, both being listed as "stored".

The last one is a real puzzle. How can that madman's airline afford fuel to fly to SIN??? Last time I heard there was actually no exchange rate for ZWD, being essentially worthless. On checking I found that one now exists again.

By my wildly inaccurate calculations (economics is not my area and most of the people on this forum would know way more than me) I came up with a figure around $15M ZWD to fuel that plane!

If your economic skills are better than finding a crude oil price, converting a 4 year old plane fuelling price to today with little regard to flight length and using a simple exchange rate, then feel free to take up the challenge!

Leave a comment:

• Durian
    replied
    SQF was spotted last Sunday

Then same day that one returned from RBA, could not read the plate

And that one... the dictator is in town

Leave a comment:

• Tom/PER
    replied
    I wouldn't of thought the leasing company that owns the A330 being returned would have any difficulty placing the aircraft with another carrier.

Think it's safe to say an airline like Air Asia X would jump on the opportunity to acquire another RR powered A333 for fleet commonality.

-STA thru to C are leased from AWAS.

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
    Any idea which 777-200s will be retired ?
    I believe 9V-SVO would be one of the two 772s due to be returned to a lessor. After that I would be purely speculating. One would have to imagine 9V-SVF can't be one of the first to go since they went to the bother of repainting it in SQ livery.

Leave a comment:

• hjerapa
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Well so far one of these events has occurred, which is the return of 9V-SVD which planespotters.net lists as "stored", so possibly it has also been decommissioned as well. All the other non-refitted 772s are still getting regular use: SVF, SVH, SVK, SVO, SRF, SRH, SRJ, SRK, SRL.

The single A330 out is a surprise, although they have always been referred to as a temporary measure, firstly due to the 787 delays but now that the 787 orders have been transferred to Scoot, they are due to the wait for A350s I guess. Even when they announced the extra order of A330s, it was stipulated that they were all to be leased.

I suppose if the lessor only wants to negotiate a longer extension than SQ requires, SQ can use an old 773 or 772 that they own as a stop-gap measure much more efficiently. But yes, you'd wonder why they would lease more new ones with the exact same cabin fit-out at the same time they are handing back an operationally 'identical' craft. Could it be they are due for their major overhaul and this way SQ doesn't have to bother coordinating the downtime involved?

Any idea which 777-200s will be retired ?

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Well so far one of these events has occurred, which is the return of 9V-SVD which planespotters.net lists as "stored", so possibly it has also been decommissioned as well. All the other non-refitted 772s are still getting regular use: SVF, SVH, SVK, SVO, SRF, SRH, SRJ, SRK, SRL.

The single A330 out is a surprise, although they have always been referred to as a temporary measure, firstly due to the 787 delays but now that the 787 orders have been transferred to Scoot, they are due to the wait for A350s I guess. Even when they announced the extra order of A330s, it was stipulated that they were all to be leased.

I suppose if the lessor only wants to negotiate a longer extension than SQ requires, SQ can use an old 773 or 772 that they own as a stop-gap measure much more efficiently. But yes, you'd wonder why they would lease more new ones with the exact same cabin fit-out at the same time they are handing back an operationally 'identical' craft. Could it be they are due for their major overhaul and this way SQ doesn't have to bother coordinating the downtime involved?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X