• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goodielecks
    replied
    Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    SWH is operating SQ826/827. Also some interesting swaps that have occurred:

SQ328/327 have once again gotten 9V-SWW, a 3-class 77WN instead of the regular A350. I wonder what happened here, this is the second time in about 7 days we had this occur.

SQ227/228 ehded up getting SWI, from SQ319, instead of its regular 77WR for the first time ever since its switch (The only exception I can name is SQ228 was a 77WN when SQ237 was severely delayed causing 238 to have the 77WR on the way back).

SQ638/637 ended up with a 77WR also. Not new but the 77W from AKL was put there instead of MEL.
    Interesting swaps but let's see if this holds true in the weeks to come.

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    SWH is operating SQ826/827. Also some interesting swaps that have occurred:

SQ328/327 have once again gotten 9V-SWW, a 3-class 77WN instead of the regular A350. I wonder what happened here, this is the second time in about 7 days we had this occur.

SQ227/228 ehded up getting SWI, from SQ319, instead of its regular 77WR for the first time ever since its switch (The only exception I can name is SQ228 was a 77WN when SQ237 was severely delayed causing 238 to have the 77WR on the way back).

SQ638/637 ended up with a 77WR also. Not new but the 77W from AKL was put there instead of MEL.

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by goodielecks View Post
    It did another AT today. Not sure if there's an issue from previous AT.
    Good question. Normally after an A/T, within a day, maximum 2 days they will assign the aircraft on a route. The last A/T was about 4 hours and 45 minutes (FR24 indicated it did lots of circling, lots more than I normally see) so after that your guess is a good possibility but I do not know either.

SQ826/827 are getting a 77WR tonight, not sure if SWQ is operating this flight but we will wait and see. Normally after it'll be DXB mostly only if it's a 77WR.

Besides SWY, no other aircraft seem to go out of service for a retrofit but my eyes are on SWV or SWW, they sound likely to go next or that might take place later.

Leave a comment:

• goodielecks
    replied
    Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    SWQ has hatched, performing an A/T today. My guess is it's definitely a 77WR, but let's wait to see what routes it's going to do. Whenever you're comfortable, please feel free to update the fleet list. Thanks!
    It did another AT today. Not sure if there's an issue from previous AT.

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    SWQ has hatched, performing an A/T today. My guess is it's definitely a 77WR, but let's wait to see what routes it's going to do. Whenever you're comfortable, please feel free to update the fleet list. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    It looks like SWR is now a 77WR: It flew SQ806/801 delayed; I'm honestly not sure how it happened, iCargo mentioned 806 would depart gate A10 but later its current stand was 203....Was there bussing involved in Gate A10 for pax to get onto SWR? I don't think it did an air test either, this may be the new norm. If anyone knows about this please let us know

Except for that, SWR is scheduled to fly 866/865 to HKG later today, ans EF already proves SWR is a 77WR now. Now you can see the nose gear with WR indicating its a 77WR

That said, SWQ should be hatched this week, it's approaching its 7th week on the ground as well. Also SWY has been out since Saturday afternoon (8/26), my guess is it may be the next to go for a 77WR conversion now that LHR is getting its 77WR more days this week than 77WN.
    Last edited by SQfanatic; 28 August 2017, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FN-GM
    replied
    Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
    It does look like SVI has the 2006 seats in Y as well (from an Instagram picture + confirmation from the poster).
    Are you sure it isn't SYI. This has been fitted with 2006 products.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SML
    replied
    Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
    Not for the old B772 seats and IFE though. They are still flying those ancient planes to CHC and IST.

The process of upgrading B772/B773 is also terribly slow. They could have use the 2006 seats got off from B77W once a B77W got retrofitted.
    On the other hand, I did enjoy the plush feeling of the Y seat in the refitted 777-200ER on my way to CHC and back in 2015. Except for the IFE, I might be one of the few who prefer these seats to the 2006 Y. Though I must say I am highly inclined toward the 2013 Y. Best Y seat I ever tried (this was on 9V-SML)!

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
    It does look like SVI has the 2006 seats in Y as well (from an Instagram picture + confirmation from the poster).
    If they made any attempt to keep these random planes captive to certain routes or at least preferenced to certain routes, it would make it so much easier for us to get a good sense of this!

If it is indeed sporting the newer 2006 products, it must have had them for quite some time. I just did a 4 month search on SVI and it hasn't had more than a couple of days of downtime since late April.

Leave a comment:

• happyflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
    Both seats were highly unpopular with passengers, thus the haste. SQ's 2006 seats, while more than 10 years old at this point, are still relatively competitive and comfortable.
    Not for the old B772 seats and IFE though. They are still flying those ancient planes to CHC and IST.

The process of upgrading B772/B773 is also terribly slow. They could have use the 2006 seats got off from B77W once a B77W got retrofitted.

Leave a comment:

• Jumbojet Lover
    replied
    Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
    Agree.

If I remember correctly, CX change all the long-haul J-class and Y-class seats on >80 planes (A333 and B77W) in three year's time.
    Both seats were highly unpopular with passengers, thus the haste. SQ's 2006 seats, while more than 10 years old at this point, are still relatively competitive and comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• happyflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by 259850 View Post
    The 77WR retrofit seems to be the longest drawn out retrofit program. It's been years and they still have 9 to go. The new seats will be a generation old by the time they complete.

Let's hope the 380 retrofit is done faster.

Agree.

If I remember correctly, CX change all the long-haul J-class and Y-class seats on >80 planes (A333 and B77W) in three year's time.

Leave a comment:

• a340-313x
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    The 77WR retrofit seems to be the longest drawn out retrofit program. It's been years and they still have 9 to go. The new seats will be a generation old by the time they complete.

Yup the only part of some of those unretrofitted 10-year old planes (SWG and SWI) is they probably have the 2013 cabin cover for Y but my guess is the 2006 entertainment system is running well and strong.

Side Note: The youngest, baby 77W, 9V-SNC is finally serving SQ2/1 since its 77WR debut 4 weeks ago, a few posters have indicated they got SNB which was frequently used a couple of times before SNC. SNA is flying SQ866/865 delayed with the typhoon which I heard is very shocking to hear of the delays. I will never forget Typhoon Nuri in 2008 which delayed my flight for 3.5 hours. That said, if we expect the A380 refit to be faster then this involves seasonal swaps like AKL and soon CDG and taking 2 A380 out at a time. Let's wait and see
    Last edited by SQfanatic; 24 August 2017, 02:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied

It is, however, my next prediction of an aircraft that might be taken out for retrofits can be another 77WN right after SWQ and SWR hatch, which I assume can be next week since LHR will go 77WR next.

Interesting fact: By the 6th week the 77WN gets hatched, but 7th week it's the older retrofitted 77W that gets hatched.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X