Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKYBIRD
    replied
    Hey JIMYVR can you tell me when 772 will be replaced by 77W to AMS ?
    One month ago I booked business saver award AMS-SIN for flight end april 2012.

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by jimyvr View Post
    Not mentioned in Press Release....

AMS 77W replaces 772
    BLR 772 no F
    CMB 772 no F

eff 01JUL12
    Love the news about AMS- one of my two favourite airport European airports to arrive in (ZRH being the other).

I always wondered how long it would take to go 77W- seemed to be an oddity among daily services to Europe. Having said that, I still think the 772ER is a pleasant aircraft to fly in, but doesn't compare to 77W!

Leave a comment:

• SilverChris
    replied

AMS 77W replaces 772

eff 01JUL12
    Finally, F again to AMS

But one less europe saver destination

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied

AMS 77W replaces 772
    BLR 772 no F
    CMB 772 no F

eff 01JUL12
    Thanks very much, jimyvr! Very useful and helpful (by the way, there's a thank-you in my TR also for your assistance in helping me land the LH A388 F flight, hope I can at least buy you a drink/dinner sometime)!

Was thinking of paying AMS another visit...

Leave a comment:

• Stefan P
    replied
    Evening all,

Adelaide new flights have been released and loaded. Adelaide will see 10 A333 services per week.

SQ277 dep SIN 0730 Arr ADL 1550
    SQ276 Dep ADL 1705 Arr SIN 2300
    (Days of operation: Monday, Thursday and Saturday)

Daily flight will remain as:

SQ279 Dep SIN 2350 Arr ADL 0810+1
    SQ278 Dep ADL 1140 Arr SIN 1735

Leave a comment:

• jimyvr
    replied

AMS 77W replaces 772
    BLR 772 no F
    CMB 772 no F

eff 01JUL12

Leave a comment:

• Boddingtons
    replied
    The Singapore - Munich - Manchester route loses Wedneday's service.

Changes now loaded. At least in Expertflyer.

Leave a comment:

• lingua101
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Yeah, that was always a very strong rumour. I just read an article reporting on IATA data that claimed many business travellers were moving to the economy section on Europe-Asia flights.

Given SQ's decision to go all business on the upper deck, maybe right now isn't the best time to flood the SIN-LHR market with another 100 business seats a day!

Maybe instead of sending us the last plane left in the hangar, they could send some more A380s down to MEL. We've got money and we want to travel. Every MEL-SIN flight I've been on in the past couple of years has been packed, but we are the first to lose our A380 if they need one elsewhere.
    Bad timing again for sq? Last time they converted the a345 to become all biz class then financial crisis. Now after converting all upper deck into biz now demand in biz is weaker

Leave a comment:

• soak01
    replied
    Great to see ADL getting an increase. The extra capacity is definitely needed. QF has pretty much deserted ADL and JQ is non-existent so great to see SQ stepping up the ante.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-JKL
    replied
    Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    so soon SIN-CGK will only 5x/week?
    Presumably since the MUC-SIN sector is reduced.

Leave a comment:

• lingua101
    replied
    Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    SQ Press Release

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...s/ne111219.jsp

Similarly, LH is also reducing MUC-SIN-CGK come S12 from daily to 5/week
    so soon SIN-CGK will only 5x/week?

Leave a comment:

• MEL-World
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Maybe instead of sending us the last plane left in the hangar, they could send some more A380s down to MEL. We've got money and we want to travel. Every MEL-SIN flight I've been on in the past couple of years has been packed, but we are the first to lose our A380 if they need one elsewhere.
    Could not agree more but maybe MEL travellers are just too loyal. We have only one QF and one JQ flight a day to SIN versus two QF, a BA and a JQ via DWN from SYD - so much for 'Australia's airline'.

As many of the SQ flights are full of passengers flying to north Asia or the Sub-Continent, SQ has a ready market without having to try too hard or provide loyalty as far as aircraft type is concerned.

Europe bound travellers have more options with four gulf-based airlines servicing MEL but SQ seems like the favourite for many Asian bound passengers, despite TG, MH, GA, CX and several Chinese airlines servicing MEL. Passengers heading to the Sub-Continet have less options as only SQ, TG and MH provide convenient connections as far as I know.

SQ also made the decision last year to use the 380 for the mid-morning departure out of MEL SQ238 rather than have stay idle all day until the traditional European departure time of 1600 with SQ228. SQ238 now serviced by a 744; not the ideal service for a business passenger although you cannot get an economy seat on any of the three services anytime during January so SQ do not really have to worry.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-JKL
    replied
    SQ Press Release

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...s/ne111219.jsp

Similarly, LH is also reducing MUC-SIN-CGK come S12 from daily to 5/week

Leave a comment:

• MLflyer
    replied
    Let's leave MEL in the dark by itself while SYD, ADL, BNE & PER get increases and extra flights, while MEL gets a decrease!

SIN-ADL: x10 Weekly A330
    SIN-BNE: x3 Daily A330
    SIN-PER: x3 Daily A330

Flights effective from 25 MAR to 27 OCT

SIN-BOM: x19 Weekly
    SIN-ICN: x4 Daily

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by eriond View Post
    And still no news about the 3rd daily A380 to LHR...
    Yeah, that was always a very strong rumour. I just read an article reporting on IATA data that claimed many business travellers were moving to the economy section on Europe-Asia flights.

Given SQ's decision to go all business on the upper deck, maybe right now isn't the best time to flood the SIN-LHR market with another 100 business seats a day!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X