Any ex-MI destinations given to SQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ex-MI destinations given to SQ?

I am curious to know, are there any destinations originally served by MI but was taken over by SQ?

Call me crazy, but I'm actually keeping my fingers crossed for SQ's return to PEN

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
    I am curious to know, are there any destinations originally served by MI but was taken over by SQ?

Call me crazy, but I'm actually keeping my fingers crossed for SQ's return to PEN
    HYD used to be served by MI then taken over by SQ but didn't last too long before it went back to MI.

No harm dreaming buddy.

Comment

crossing my fingers too, it will fly again to CEB

Comment

Kaohsiung (KHH) anyone?
        Remember it went like MI to SQ to MI or something like that.

Couldn't even make it work.
        So they dropped it totally now.

Somehow China Airlines can make it work. Don't know how they do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
          Kaohsiung (KHH) anyone?
          Remember it went like MI to SQ to MI or something like that.

Couldn't even make it work.
          So they dropped it totally now.

Somehow China Airlines can make it work. Don't know how they do it.
          I've always thought of KHH as a destination more suited for MI, and I'm surprised they cant survive it.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            I've always thought of KHH as a destination more suited for MI, and I'm surprised they cant survive it.
            Not worth the trouble now. Doable from TPE in 90 min by rail

Comment

I really hope SQ or MI can come back to My hometown-Kaohsiung again,my mother worked for SQ and MI KHH Branch office before,I Love SQ a lot~although there is a high speed rail between TPE and KHH,but its really more convenient to departure from KHH for those people who living in Southern Taiwan~

Comment

Originally posted by Webster Chen View Post
                although there is a high speed rail between TPE and KHH,but its really more convenient to departure from KHH for those people who living in Southern Taiwan~
                I think a strong outbound market is key for any airline doing international flights out of KHH.

For example, CI are adding flights from KHH to BKK because there is a strong demand for direct flights from people living in the Kaohsiung area.

As much as I would also love to see SQ/MI add more destinations in/out of Taiwan, unfortunately it looks like it's not happening anytime soon
                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                  I think a strong outbound market is key for any airline doing international flights out of KHH...
                  That applies to CI/BR. You need a good market of Singaporeans travelling to KHH to make it work for SQ/MI.

Just take a look at SIN-TPE flights. SQ carries mostly Singaporeans while CI/BR flights are mostly Taiwanese. CI can make KHH-SIN work due to significant outbound traffic ex-KHH. It will be tough for SQ/MI to compete against it without strong ex-SIN traffic.

Comment

SUB was SQ, then MI. Now parallel ops
                    RGN was MI, now parallel ops

Comment

Working...
                    X