X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQtraveller
    replied
    post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Just logged in. Saw that I'm only good until the end of this year.

Is that correct? Something tells me it should be longer as my credited flights were before the changes were implemented.
    That is correct.

Nobody has status beyond Jan 2016 anymore. Doesn't matter that you did in 2014 - as long as you were gold ON 24/11/2014 - you were given gold till 24/11/2015+2 months, with a qualification period ending 24/11/2015.

What matters is the period 24/11/2014-24/11/2015 now. Requalify , and you'll have status till Jan 2017.

What happened in 2014 is only of consequence to those who weren't already gold

Leave a comment:

• HUGE AL
    replied
    Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
    Not anymore
    Just logged in. Saw that I'm only good until the end of this year.

Is that correct? Something tells me it should be longer as my credited flights were before the changes were implemented.

Leave a comment:

• sqdazz
    replied
    Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    I haven't seen mine yet, but isn't status good for 3 years? I dumped some UA flights their way in 2014. Shouldn't I be good until 2017?
    Not anymore

Leave a comment:

• HUGE AL
    replied
    Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    All golds as of 24/11/2014 got an extension automatically. Your new qualifying period ends 24/11/2015, with your card expiring some 2 months after.

The real culling of golds occurs 1 Feb 2016
    I haven't seen mine yet, but isn't status good for 3 years? I dumped some UA flights their way in 2014. Shouldn't I be good until 2017?

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Rather bemused to find a new A3 Gold card in the post, valid until January 2016. I have never put a single mile to the account so didn't think they would send me another.
    All golds as of 24/11/2014 got an extension automatically. Your new qualifying period ends 24/11/2015, with your card expiring some 2 months after.

The real culling of golds occurs 1 Feb 2016

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Rather bemused to find a new A3 Gold card in the post, valid until January 2016. I have never put a single mile to the account so didn't think they would send me another.

Leave a comment:

• chisquared
    replied
    Already here.

Leave a comment:

• BerryFusion
    replied
    Changes to Aegean Miles & Bonus

For those of you who were / are interested or haven't heard, Aegean is introducing some changes relevant to attaining and retaining the Gold Status in November 2014.

Attaining:

Gold Card

24,000 miles within 12 months (including at least 4 Aegean or Olympic Air flights) or a total of 48,000 miles, regardless of which airline you choose to fly with

Retaining:

12,000 miles within 12 months (including at least 4 Aegean or Olympic Air flights) or a total of 24,000 miles, regardless of which airline you choose to fly with

http://www.newmilesandbonus.com/en/#milesbonus-tiers

Leave a comment:

• slepland
    replied
    Originally posted by AirCanada881 View Post
    OZ = Asiana Airlines.

TK isn't too bad either, 40,000 to qualify than 25,000 to re-qualify thereafter.
    Ic. Thanks. Read the staralliance website. TK 25,000 to requalify if within one year.

In short, airline / qualify / requalify / validity
    Aegean / 48,000 / 24,000 / yearly renewal
    Turkish / 40,000 / 37,500 / 2 years
    Asiana / 40,000 / 40,000 / 2 years

Leave a comment:

• AirCanada881
    replied
    Originally posted by slepland View Post
    So what is the next best after the change? still agean? btw what is OZ?
    OZ = Asiana Airlines.

TK isn't too bad either, 40,000 to qualify than 25,000 to re-qualify thereafter.

Leave a comment:

• slepland
    replied
    So what is the next best after the change? still agean? btw what is OZ?

Leave a comment:

• lcpteck
    replied
    I actually wanted to start A3 FFP due to the easy Gold requirements. However since the new changes will take effect in November, I have decided to credit mileage to OZ instead. 40k miles in years is probably doable for a leisure traveler like me.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingDobber
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    I miss both, BD and DC. Being MAN based meant I could benefit from the excellent but sadly limited long haul BD services from there, mainly to ORD but also a few times to BGI, UVF etc. As for DC, well, there is nothing left to be said about the wonderful crazy programme. When we see that LM is the closest to it and yet in comparison how crap it really is, before you even try and cancel a booking, then it really brings it home.

A3 also fly from MAN, to ATH, and myself and a number of our Engineers have been using those flights for the last few years, mainly ATH-MAN as that leaves and arrives at a decent time whereas MAN-ATH departs around 10pm and arrives at silly o clock in ATH. Fortunately they are intending going all year round with different timings which make MAN-ATH attractive. Unfortunately they have dropped J on the route, which they only used to charge a little more for at times but which due to the sector length was worth the extra imo.
    I dont think that the changes will make too much of a difference to me also being MAN based. Looking fowrad to more A3 travel from MAN rather than LON, sad that they have dropped J though. Another flight out of ATH and you have fulfilled you A3 requals so only 12k go get! SQ to SIN for the day then. Out in the morning, arrives morning, trip too the zoo etc, food and back on the evening flight. Ideal.

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    That was another airline I actually flew (and quite a fair bit of too) - lovely little airline, and I remember once getting a ride from LHR-DME in lovely full sized seats in J when BA was still playing that CE stunt as far afield as that. Superb little airline - and i miss them (others say they miss them - but they really miss diamond club)
    I miss both, BD and DC. Being MAN based meant I could benefit from the excellent but sadly limited long haul BD services from there, mainly to ORD but also a few times to BGI, UVF etc. As for DC, well, there is nothing left to be said about the wonderful crazy programme. When we see that LM is the closest to it and yet in comparison how crap it really is, before you even try and cancel a booking, then it really brings it home.

A3 also fly from MAN, to ATH, and myself and a number of our Engineers have been using those flights for the last few years, mainly ATH-MAN as that leaves and arrives at a decent time whereas MAN-ATH departs around 10pm and arrives at silly o clock in ATH. Fortunately they are intending going all year round with different timings which make MAN-ATH attractive. Unfortunately they have dropped J on the route, which they only used to charge a little more for at times but which due to the sector length was worth the extra imo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X