Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyo
    replied
    Mine came early December, but validity until 02/10. No two extra months?! Same dates as on my previous *G card also.

I'm getting a little concerned about that as I have already requalified since around August '09 and there'll be a fair few flights coming up in Feb.

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Got mine today... got the extra 2 months also... gotta say the pack looks expensive in a cheap way

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    Got mine today. Very pretty little pack. Love the new sturdier luggage tags. But I don't think they put much effort into the design, which strikes me as rather plain yet tacky in a way. I think they tried for a corporate look but missed the mark a little. At least there aren't any 3rd party ads on the new card unlike the old one which looks kinda cheap.

Won't be using it for a while yet so hopefully the card recognition issue would've been sorted out in the meantime.

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Can you imagine how they would react now that there's no airline logo on the card to match to one of the obscure ones on the *A list by the door?
    Not to mention the card looks nothing like the one in the cheat sheet.

NZ changed their design ages ago and I'm still encountering lounge staff who don't know what it is (even at destinations served by NZ!).

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    I have enough fun in numerous places each year when handing over the current card and the checkin staff look at you like you are a martian and say 'Who are bmi ?'.
    Can you imagine how they would react now that there's no airline logo on the card to match to one of the obscure ones on the *A list by the door?

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    My new pack has arrived over the weekend, and have also got an extra 2 months status.

I have to say I do quite like the new card, although the lack of any mention of the airline on the front is quite telling. I have enough fun in numerous places each year when handing over the current card and the checkin staff look at you like you are a martian and say 'Who are bmi ?'.

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Haven't got mine yet. Probably on a royal mail steamer somewhere.....

But I gotta say the card looks kinda naff.

Leave a comment:

• Savage25
    replied
    Somebody already took pictures here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...-pack-ugh.html

Leave a comment:

• Savage25
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Strange how there is no 'bmi' name visible on the card (at least from the mockup on the website) -- I guess that might change when they know better what the future of the name will be.
    There's the "flybmi.com better for business" logo on the back, with the bmi part in large font.

I'd post pics, if I could just find my camera now.

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Strange how there is no 'bmi' name visible on the card (at least from the mockup on the website) -- I guess that might change when they know better what the future of the name will be.

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    Could you post pics of the new kit, Savage25? Keenly looking forward to mine..!

Leave a comment:

• Savage25
    replied
    Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    Actually, that's changed now as well. For a couple of weeks after the system upgrade, they showed the new membership year on the website before it went away again. Confirmed this over the phone as well:

Before upgrade: my membership year was 18 April 2008 - 17 April 2009, card valid till 06/09
    After upgrade: my membership year is now 1 July 2009 - 30 June 2010, card valid till 06/10 (no more bonus months)

I had one flight credited between 17 April and 1 July and the status miles for that were manually credited into my new membership year in July without my asking.

You should have until 30 June to qualify so you're ok.
    And in classic BD style, they have sent me the new black design DC Gold card today which is valid till 08/10 which seems to indicate the two bonus months of status at the end of your membership year are back.

Leave a comment:

• Savage25
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    The card always has a couple months extra after your official year ends to allow you to be able to get lounge access etc while they have time to process your re-qualification and get your new pack/card to you. If you don't requalify you just get a couple of bonus months.
    Actually, that's changed now as well. For a couple of weeks after the system upgrade, they showed the new membership year on the website before it went away again. Confirmed this over the phone as well:

Before upgrade: my membership year was 18 April 2008 - 17 April 2009, card valid till 06/09
    After upgrade: my membership year is now 1 July 2009 - 30 June 2010, card valid till 06/10 (no more bonus months)

I had one flight credited between 17 April and 1 July and the status miles for that were manually credited into my new membership year in July without my asking.

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    Very strange indeed. I thought my membership used to expire sometime in April but the card always expires in June.

Now that we can't check our membership expiry online, I called BD up to confirm my membership expiry. Just been told it's 30 June 2010!

I hope the info is correct because that would mean I still have the May bank hols to do the trips to hit 38,000.
    You should have until 30 June to qualify so you're ok.

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    Very strange indeed. I thought my membership used to expire sometime in April but the card always expires in June.

Now that we can't check our membership expiry online, I called BD up to confirm my membership expiry. Just been told it's 30 June 2010!

I hope the info is correct because that would mean I still have the May bank hols to do the trips to hit 38,000.
    The card always has a couple months extra after your official year ends to allow you to be able to get lounge access etc while they have time to process your re-qualification and get your new pack/card to you. If you don't requalify you just get a couple of bonus months.

Leave a comment:

• phaleesy
    replied
    Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    Your BD card; if you received it; would tell you when it expires
    Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    Actually, it won't. For example, my membership year expires 17 April (I remember it from before the upgrade) but my Gold card expires 06/09.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X