Help me choose my Air NZ gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose my Air NZ gift

This year Air NZ christmas gifts for top elites have changed. It used to be one size fits all and now they have one offering for most, and additional options for those that fly the most (roughly double the required status earning).

1) A luxury suite at the Auckland Langham for a night for 2. Includes club access, drinks, canapes, breakfast, butler.
    2) Dinner for 2 (degustation + wines) at Vinnies
    3) 12 bottles from NZ wine awards [one of the winning ones I think, not sure if these can be a selection from the various types]
    4) 1 extra year of gold elite banked if fail to requalify

What would you pick and why?

To answer, do we have to make assumption where we live? Or, is the assumption given, i.e. for NZ based flyer?

Comment

Good question. I assume this only applies to NZ-based. Whether non-NZ based get something special instead I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        This year Air NZ christmas gifts for top elites have changed. It used to be one size fits all and now they have one offering for most, and additional options for those that fly the most (roughly double the required status earning).

1) A luxury suite at the Auckland Langham for a night for 2. Includes club access, drinks, canapes, breakfast, butler.
        2) Dinner for 2 (degustation + wines) at Vinnies
        3) 12 bottles from NZ wine awards [one of the winning ones I think, not sure if these can be a selection from the various types]
        4) 1 extra year of gold elite banked if fail to requalify

What would you pick and why?
        Being NZ based, I would pick #4 if I know and I am sure I will fail to requalify. It's a *G status after all, and I am a FFP elite junkie.

I will not pick #2 because I am alone, and do not fancy that sort of things.

12 bottles of wine mini size or regular size? I am not a wine drinker. So I would skip this choice.

I will go instead for 2 nights hotel. Always love to be in a hotel room for a change of phase of daily life. Change in an environment would spice up my life. Soaking in hotel bath tub is more relaxing than doing same thing at my opwn flat. Or else, when I have visitors, I can host them by letting them stay in the hotel. (Of course living outside NZ, would make this hotel stay as a good incentive for visiting New Zealand again, at least with two free nights in Auckland.)

Comment

My choice would be #1: a day of indulgence would add a bit of variety to my routine.

#2 would reduce the reward to a few hours of indulgence, while the pleasures of #3 would be too one-dimensional (just gustatory) for me. I can't even imagine the day when you (Kiwi) would need #4.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            can't even imagine the day when you (Kiwi) would need #4.
            +1.

I'd go for 1 too - just seems more well rounded than the other options. I like the Langham Auckland. I remember that the brekky there was excellent.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Well personally I would go for 4 as I think I will struggle to qualify for *G anymore.

However if *G was easy enough to get then I would probably go for 3 as is would last a long time (assuming the wines were reasonable quality).

Comment

#1 for me!
                There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Thanks. I'm not keen on #4 as not sure how long they'd hold it over for.

I have already requalified for 2010 on travel to date, and have sufficient travel booked to requalify for 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                    I have already requalified for 2010 on travel to date, and have sufficient travel booked to requalify for 2011.
                    That's what separates mega-FFers from FF dabblers like me. I don't have that kind of capacity for forward planning.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      That's what separates mega-FFers from FF dabblers like me. I don't have that kind of capacity for forward planning.
                      But you dont need to do forward planning....you are already qualified for Life......

Comment

Working...
                      X