Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Alliance 1 way upgrade on TK (Econ-Biz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Alliance 1 way upgrade on TK (Econ-Biz)

I am very keen on trying out Turkish airlines on a planned trip to Barcelona from Singapore in August.
    Noting that Turkey is in the "middle east/africa" zone for redemptions from Singapore at a relatively cheap 35,000 miles upgrade one way, the intention was to make a one way upgrade redemption from Istanbul to Singapore on the way back from Barcelona after a 1 nite stopover in Istanbul. I have been told that this is not possible by the local TK office and I would have to do a full Euro-zone upgrade costing 55,000 of my Krisflyer miles as my fare is to and from Europe from Singapore. Would anyone on this forum know if this is correct?
    To add to the dilemna, the lowest fare that would allow such an upgrade (B class) costs $2,794 SGD vs around $1,900 SGD for non-upgradeable fares and the agent at the local TK office indicated that availability of award fares on the date I wanted may not be available - subject to waitlist, so I may be wasting my money on a higher class fare and not get an upgrade.
    I wonder - given that the higher class fare would allow date changes - whether it would be worthwhile going for this fare anyway and waitlist to try my luck that they will release revenue seats in business class for the upgrade or keep trying my luck for a date where there was availability for a business class upgrade on the fare.
    Anyone can help me out there?
    Thanks very much in advance!
Working...
X