LAN does not know the meaning of customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAN does not know the meaning of customer service

In case I'm ever again tempted to buy a ticket flying LAN, please stop me.

Is this from the famous no YQ time?

Comment

Nope.

Business class has been removed on most intra-south america routes and replaced by premium economy. Default option by LAN was to move into regular economy and not even notify customers.

After much arguing and chasing up I managed to get rebooked into premium economy. However no compensation for the invol downgrade.

I have several bookings affected with some longish flights involved. If it was in europe I'd be up for a sizeable refund/compensation.

LAN doesn't want a bar of it. Forces customers to jump through many hoops over extended period to get no service. Sorry I can't help you. Please call this other number. Oh LAN website is a different business so I can't transfer. Oh we don't do refunds. You need to call another number to put in a request and they will consider it. Calls cut off and not answered routinely.

Etc.

It has taken me several months even to get some straight answers.

If I hadn't ensured I am informed of such changes I would have turned up at the airport none the wiser until given a seat 19B (yes that is a seat on A320 I was rebooked into from 1C on a fairly expensive fare).

Comment

Sorry for the rant.

Comment

Must be a South American way! Many young guys and gals from South America (especially Brazil and Chile) go to school here in Vancouver. Their behaviours seem to me as being irresponsible. Thus what you experienced in dealing with LAN sounds expected.

No worry about the rant! Better than my kinky stuff according to some readers here!

Comment

Jeez what hassle. Is this going to be their policy from now on, e.g., RTWs in business class will be placed in economy?
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The changes only apply to some (most) intra-South American flights by LAN (plus LAN Ecuador, LAN Peru, LAN Argentina). There are some flights which are economy only (no premium economy). There are some intra-South America legs on longhaul flights which still offer business class.

The xONEx rules have been amended to allow premium economy on LAN where it exists but first and business do not exist.

The move to regular economy default setting seemed to be applied across the board. I had a full fare business ticket that had the same fate until I managed to convince them to move me. In the whole saga not once has LAN initiated any contact or advised me of changes or rights (without me asking the questions).

Comment

Working...
              X