Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Business Class Experience on SQ (SQ317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jjpb3
    replied
    Technically, BD gold will only allow you access if you're travelling on VS, not SQ. But there have been a couple of anecdotes of VSCH dragons looking past that technicality.

Leave a comment:

• quik!
    replied
    Yeap, so basically you have to be a Krisflyer Elite Gold or BD Elite Gold member to be able to enter the lounges. A great plus point of being KF Gold.

Leave a comment:

• Lobster
    replied
    Originally posted by hon2 View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

Are you really allowed to enter the VSCH with a Y ticket just being *G?
    *G does not give you access to the VSCH. But some of the *A elite cards do give you access if that particular airline has a deal with VS. SQ both EG and PPS give you access also BD Gold will give you access.

Leave a comment:

• hon2
    replied
    Thanks for sharing.

Are you really allowed to enter the VSCH with a Y ticket just being *G?

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Well, not all hawkers food are great. Same with airlines food. I am more towards airline food junkie. IMHO, the bee hoon noodle soup that I like is much much better than the instant noodles; and, is better than some hawkers food I have tried.
    Anyhow, I don't eat out a lot. So my knowledge of good food is limited. I need to loose lots of weight!

Leave a comment:

• quik!
    replied
    Originally posted by CGK View Post
    Yes, Sir. I will remember not to comment on any airline food... I guess I am just a commoner who loves airline food!
    LOL commoners like ME love hawker food coz we get it more than airline food!

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Originally posted by quik! View Post
    The fishball soup was just OK, did'nt make me !
    Yes, Sir. I will remember not to comment on any airline food... I guess I am just a commoner who loves airline food!

Leave a comment:

• quik!
    replied
    The fishball soup was just OK, did'nt make me !

Generally, I think airline food aren't that great, but given that you have no other choice up in the air, it does come out taste OK (ie, when you are hungry, everything tastes better!)...to me, they were just passable, ok so I'm a fussy eater! I always prefer those hawker-like stalls.

ps. I miss flying alrady! next flight is not until April

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Originally posted by mechinois View Post
    They were talking about his breakfast... Ee fu Noodles...
    talking about noodles, I should play it safe with noodles. Decided to order poached eggs for my breakfast prior to landing at LHR (yes, SQ did not load my special meals nasi biryani ), and it was dot dot dot ...

Leave a comment:

• mec
    replied
    Originally posted by CGK View Post

You don't like my favorite fishball beehoon soup?
    They were talking about his breakfast... Ee fu Noodles...

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Originally posted by quik! View Post
    The noodles were OK, nothing to shout about, didn't get any of those Kris Chilli sauce, but I did try them in the SKL lounge, it IS spicy!!

You don't like my favorite fishball beehoon soup?

Leave a comment:

• quik!
    replied
    double post

Leave a comment:

• quik!
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Nice pics, quik. Thanks for the trip report.

Mmmm, SQ Asian breakfasts ... so good. I hope you asked for extra helpings of the Kris Chilli sauce .
    The noodles were OK, nothing to shout about, didn't get any of those Kris Chilli sauce, but I did try them in the SKL lounge, it IS spicy!!
    Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    Many thanks for sharing! Your photos of VS CH were ab fab!

Is it just me or does that lump of rice look like it was scooped from a Y casserole
    Haha - that was my first thought initially - they could've scoop everything from Y since I had specially requested for a seafood dish!

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
    Good report . I loved the VS lounge I have to go there one day!

No pictures of the SIN-KUL sector ?
    The VS lounge is a must visit!

Unfortunately, no pictures from there. Was a tad bit tired, so just wanted to relax and enjoy the flight. I slept the whole way though tho...lol

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
    Hey, Quik!. Looked like you have had a great time. Hope you get many more SQ flights to come. I always love to see the pics in a trip reports.
    Thanks, I did enjoy the whole trip, it was worth flying all those miles to redeem the upgrade. I am hoping to get on my next upgrade, should be soon!

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
    Great pix....which camera were you using, btw??
    I'm using a Sony DSC-H5. Pretty damn good too
    Last edited by quik!; 7 February 2007, 09:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• YK@HKG
    replied
    I echo the words of the others...well written TR with lots of pics
    Keep the pics coming....

Leave a comment:

• SuperFlyBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
    Agree! Great pictures, quik! Thanks for sharing.
    Great pix....which camera were you using, btw??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X