Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Business Class Experience on SQ (SQ317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MovieMan
    replied
    Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
    I always love to see the pics in a trip reports.
    Agree! Great pictures, quik! Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    Nice, nice - me likes!

Leave a comment:

• SQFAN
    replied
    Hey, Quik!. Looked like you have had a great time. Hope you get many more SQ flights to come. I always love to see the pics in a trip reports.

Leave a comment:

• fumitani
    replied
    Good report . I loved the VS lounge I have to go there one day!

No pictures of the SIN-KUL sector ?

Leave a comment:

• 9V-JKL
    replied
    Many thanks for sharing! Your photos of VS CH were ab fab!

Is it just me or does that lump of rice look like it was scooped from a Y casserole

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Nice report Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Nice pics, quik. Thanks for the trip report.

Mmmm, SQ Asian breakfasts ... so good. I hope you asked for extra helpings of the Kris Chilli sauce .

Leave a comment:

• quik!
    replied
    Breakfast Service

SKL F Lounge

And finally after a hot shower and good hour sleep at the slumberette, I just relax with a cuppa hot coffee at the SKL F lounge. What a journey it was, I truly enjoyed it and look forward to my next Business class experience, coming very soon I hope!

Leave a comment:

• quik!
    replied

Hungry? Order a snack, I did!

Leave a comment:

• quik!
    replied
    Raffles Experience – top class
    The ‘To Nibble On’, the much talked about Satay, was served about 20 minutes after we were in cruising altitude. Hmmm I wasn’t REALLY impressed with that, firstly it was rather dry, and secondly it wasn’t warm. I would definitely prefer the satay from my nearby mamak stall!

Water is all I asked for, was rather full by then after all the drinks from the Clubhouse

Storage space / compartment on the side – very handy!

The satay, now serving. Looks rather…unappetising if you ask me…

Then the meal service was in order. I ordered BTC 3 days ago via the Krisflyer Membership Office in London, and I was surprised to find out that they didn’t get my order! I wasn’t pleased, because firstly, this is like my ONLY chance to be on Business Class for a very long time, secondly, the other choices were not my cuppa. They have also ran out of the Stir-fry prawn. So I politely asked if there was any other selection, and she said she will get back to me, and then flashing the biggest smile. They did manage to cook up a fish dish with rice – which I was fine with. It was quite tasty, but I wasn’t ‘WOW’. Later she came back and asked for my BTC details as she wanted to check out why this hasn’t come through. Kudos to SQ for making ‘amends’. Don’t think there is anything in for me though. I wanted to ask for 5,000 miles refund lol

Starter

Leave a comment:

• quik!
    replied
    SKL LHR
    I left at around 0945 to check out the SKL Business Class lounge located at Lounge B area. When the automatic frosted glass door slid open, I was greeted by this expressionless lady on the counter. I presented my boarding pass, she checked her list, ticked my name, and utter, ‘To your right’. There. What a welcome! Doesn’t hurt to smile a bit! I climbed up the stairs and then there was it. The lounge. Uhm…I was like, is that all? I made a round and there wasn’t much to see: dated, boring, and that’s all. I was out in less than a minute! Makes me wonder – why didn’t these passengers visit the VSCH instead? Maybe that’s a good thing, VSCH wouldn’t be so crowded then!

Priority Boarding?
    The boarding gate finally is shown on the screen – it was gate 53, the same one used when I was flying VS to PVG. Then I knew that we will be taken by a bus to our planes, so yay! When the boarding time came, passengers travelling with children and those requiring assistance were called to board first. After a good 5 minutes or so, to my shock, they started to call for those seated from row 60 to please board. No priority boarding for F, or J. Then only I heard, Star Alliance Gold members may board at their own convenience.

I personally love boarding this style, I love to admire the huge steel! It's quite a sight, really. My seat was 17K, which many claimed to be among the best seats, and I can see why. As this is the emergency exit row, it has lots of uninterupted space in front. I totally love it, coz I could get out without disturbing anyone. Upon entering the upper deck, I was offered to take my jacket which was great. Soon after, drinks were offered.

Not bad at all, the sound quality was really good and it did cancel most of the noise.

Nice wide screen! Am so going to miss it when I return back to Y

Leave a comment:

• Rejuvenated
    replied
    Nice report with pics! Where is the flight part? Or is that still to come?

Leave a comment:

• fumitani
    replied
    Originally posted by CGK View Post
    Another one for you to experience is the First Class Terminal at FRA. Thus you have to fly LH F.
    I need to get visa's to go everywhere in Europe. Is it hard to get a UK visa or a Schanegen (sp?) visa

So I should get an award ticket.
    LAX-JFK in UA F JFK-FRA in SQ F stopover FRA-SIN on SQ F SIN-BKK on SQ F
    SQ F BKK-SIN-FRA then FRA-LAX on LH F?

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Originally posted by fumitani View Post
    I want to go there one day
    Another one for you to experience is the First Class Terminal at FRA. Thus you have to fly LH F.

Leave a comment:

• fumitani
    replied
    Wow nice photos I want to go there one day

Leave a comment:

Working...
X