No announcement yet.

SIA 737 MAX 8 Business Class from Hanoi to Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had planned to sample one of the cocktails on the menu, but after lying down on the bed, I fell into a deep slumber and was only awakened by the pilot on the PA when he announced the top of descent...(That's how comfortable the seat felt, to me...)

I used the remaining flight time to explore the 3D map display...

A decent variety of different views, and fairly intuitive to use, via the touchscreen...

Final approach into Singapore...

Landing from the north today on Runway 20R...

On the ground in Changi...

It was great to be first off the plane for once, and I deplaned into T2.

Overall, this was an excellent flight on SQ's new 737 MAX 8 Business Class. I was very impressed with both the new seat and the cabin service format. I think this sets a new standard for short-medium hall J service on a narrow body, and is far superior to what many other airlines offer in 737 Business, or even First.
    Last edited by yflyer; 1 November 2022, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Final reflections...

This was a short, but very memorable trip.

The JW Marriott Hanoi was a hotel I would not hesitate to stay in again. The location might be a little out of the way, depending on where you were headed in Hanoi, but to me, the quality of the hotel would be worth an additional 15 or even 30 min of commute each day.

As far as flights were concerned, SQ's A350 Y was great as far as Economy Class travel was concerned, but the highlight for me was Business Class on the 737 MAX 8. I think SQ has done a great job making narrow-body business class as comfortable as possible. I would be quite happy choosing 737 MAX 8 Business Class on sectors even as long as 4 or 5 hours -- something I would not do on older generation 737 J products. The throne seats are highly sought after though, and are usually snapped up way in advance. That said, the regular 2-2 J seats are very good as well.

Thanks for reading!

Comment

Working...
      X