• Show
Clear All

• SQ LPP
    replied
    And here you go the meals on board.

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    This time, the plane took off using the runway like the flights departing to Asia, i.e. to go west towards Pacific Ocean. Then a U-turned above the ocean and flew above Golden Gate Bridge. It was a blessing to seat on 84K.

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    To fill in the blank in the story line how I reached London to start the A380 inaugural flight, I will continue the story from post #31:

After I felt too hot to sit under the morning sun, I decided to check out the old tram F line heading to Castro. Walked around a bit and back to the city. Playing around a bit at the Apple Store, then taking BART back to the airport.
    Of course as expected, carrying a pink plastic bag would not give a “first class looking” pax. After helping a traveler who struggle with his suitcases from the station to UA check-in counter, I headed to LH First check-in. The girl asked “Are you flying in First?”

LH455 SFO-FRA (will be told later)
    As always, when I did not plan to stay in San Francisco, the weather was georgeous. It was pretty sad to leave the warm sunny weather. Peace and quiet with the Italian street car passing through.

Took the BART to SFO. My ticket on LH was showing SFO-FRA-ZRH and I had a separate tix for ZRH-LHR on LX. The usual confusion arouse. Yup, agent would wonder why I had to go through FRA, ZRH then LHR before heading to SIN. It's more confusing is to check all those visa requirements. But luckily I was prepared, and with the LH tix up to ZRH only, the agent just checked me in to ZRH only, to where I don't need a visa to enter the country.
    She gave me a red paper for fast track security. But, as usual, at SFO, you could not find any sign for fast track. And the line for regular pax were not that long. It was amazing to observe other pax who are supposedly very frequent flyer going through security. They act like a first time traveler going through security. The line went to three different x-rays but seemed all the pax just followed one line. Thus, I just took the middle x-ray, and went through very quickly. And yet, still others would not follow me, until the TSA screamed at them to let them know there were three x-rays available for them.

Walked to the UA International First Class Lounge. And went to take shower. Alone. The usual H2O amenity kits was available. After shower, went to find the seat to repack my bag, trying to hide away the pink plastic bag and pink box of egg tarts. The lounge this time a bit crowded: UA flight to Frankfurt and also an Air China as well as LH 455. The food counter looks the same as usual. I just had a bottled water. Again, it's amusing to see LH F BP holder who seemed did not understand the announcement made. It was a simple announcement calling pax on Air China to go to the gate now.

Anyhow, I was bored, and decided to walk early to the gate. As usual, people had lined up at the gate. And once the boarding for F, C and SEN made, I was way behind in line. I saw one or two red BP holders who tried to pass the queue, but had to settle following the flow. Once I got through the door for boarding, I knew that everyone who were in front of me would go for door 1, and I know that the stairs to the upperdeck would be at door 2. I was ahead a bit. The result was I could have Laurent to pose.

The flight was completely full. I was surprised to find this time the champagne is Piper-Heidsieck "Rare" instead of "D" de Devaux Brut. Well at least I should have a try after seeing the options in the menu for the past year, but never had been served on board.

Since it was a full flight, the cabin a bit chaotic. Yes, those carry-ons that could not fit in the overhead bins and the pax insisted to have them nearby. This led to the chaotic PJs and amenity kits distribution. I got mine almost last even I boarded early. The FA apologized that she had to give me size L. She said she had to give the M to the ladies. She said that even though two ladies were clearly bigger than I, but they would rather have to have size M. I told her that I would swim wearing the L size. She again apologized, but soon enough she came back with the size M from the previous flight FRA-SFO. (It is a day flight so no PJ but just the top part.) I was delighted,of course. I went to the lav immediately, and changed. She was glad that size M was really my size. And she smiled looking at my folded PJ pants while the string is alomst all the way up to my chest.

Me in PJs peekd the curiousity of my seatmate. He is a UA 1K as well. And just recently tasted the LH F which he likes due to mainly for the caviar and the food in general. He said he never tried to wear PJs on board. (Later on he was convinced that wearing PJs on board is very comfortable. I should earn a toaster for converting one. )

Soon enough, the plane pulled out from the gate and taxiing through the familiar scenery.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Long
    replied
    Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
    yes, you are right.... boo, all of the suites and even J seats are already booked. there is availability in suites for the sin-nrt route. i just sent an email to my pps coordinator to put me on the waitlist just in case something should come up.
    If it makes you feel any better, R was most definitely booked up a few weeks before the LHR-SIN inaugral. By sheer luck I happened to look again seven days before the flight where two suites had opened up, and I snagged one of these. Then a couple of days before the flight two more seats opened up.

On board, only seven of the twelve seats were occupied.

YMMV of course!

Howard

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    How about a trip in Y taipeiflyer?
    whY?!

Leave a comment:

• nickbot
    replied
    Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
    yes, you are right.... boo, all of the suites and even J seats are already booked. there is availability in suites for the sin-nrt route. i just sent an email to my pps coordinator to put me on the waitlist just in case something should come up.
    How about a trip in Y taipeiflyer?

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    SQ 319 LHR - SIN 18 March 2008 BUSINESS CLASS The First A380 London Flight

dinner FROM LONDON TO SINGAPORE

Create your gastronomic experience from our selection of tantalising options.

CANAPES

Satay
    With onion, cucumber and spicy peanut sauce

APPETISER

Smoked salmon and quail egg salad with lemongrass vinaigrette

Sauteed prawns with Nicoise salad
    With potato, green beans, olives, quail eggs, tomatoes and mache lettuce served with citrus vinaigrette

MAIN COURSES

Corn-fed chicken breast with ceps mushroom stuffing, buttered peas and fingerling potato mash

Stir-fried beef with ginger and spring onion, selected vegetables and fried rice

Prawns in Indian curry with vegetables jalfrezi and steamed rice

Grilled marinated lamb chops served with rosemary jus, eggplant puree and roasted vegetables

DESSERTS

Cheesecake with raspberry mirror

Tiramisu ice cream with chocolate sauce and roasted almonds

CHEESES

Gourmet cheese with garnishes

FRUITS

Seasonal fresh fruits

A CONNOISSEUR'S CHOICE

Gourmet coffees

Selection of teas

Served with pralines

Exclusively created by Gordon Ramsay, London
    A healthier choice - lower in carbohydrates and calories than our main selection

SQ319A LHR-SIN (DX/SN/HB) 135-1.4 03 RC

snack FROM LONDON TO SINGAPORE

Fancy a snack? Simply take your pick from our range of delectable snacks and make your selection known to our cabin crew.

NOODLES

Fish ball broth with your choice of kway teow or bee hoon noodles

Vegetarian or non-vegetarian instant noodles

SANDWICHES

Savoury sandwich

Vegetarian sandwich

SNACKS

Roasted peanuts

Potato chips

Cereal bar

Chocolate bar

Kjeldsens cookies

Fruit

SQ319A LHR-SIN (DX/SN/HB) 135-1.5 03 RC

before touchdown FROM LONDON TO SINGAPORE

As your destination nears, refresh your senses with our delightful culinary treats.

JUICES

A choice of apple, tomato or freshly squeezed orange

FRUITS

Fresh fruit plate

STARTERs

Choice of cereals or yoghurt

Cornflakes or muesli with mil

Plain or fruit yoghurt

ENTREES

Braised egg noodles with sliced garoupa fillet, mushrooms and leafy greens

Golden waffle served with mixed berries, cottage cheese and maple syrup

Poached eggs with bacon, sauteed spinach, tomatoes and roasted potatoes

FROM THE BAKERY

Assorted breakfast rolls with butter and fruit preserves

A CONNOISSEUR'S CHOICE

Gourmet coffees

Selection of teas

SQ319A LHR-SIN (DX/SN/HB) 135-1.6 03 RC

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    SQ 319 LHR - SIN 18 March 2008 ECONOMY CLASS The First A380 London Flight

dinner FROM LONDON TO SINGAPORE

Create your gastronomic experience from our selection of tantalising options.

APPETISER

Marinated prawns with pasta and vegetable salad

MAIN COURSES

Stir-fried pork with ginger and spring onion
    Served with seasonal vegetables and steamed rice

Indian tandoori chicken
    Served with mixed vegetables curry and pilaff rice with almonds

CHEESES

Cheese and crackers

DESSERTS

Haagen-Dasz ice cream

FROM THE BAKERY

Roll and butter

HOT BEVERAGES

Coffee

Tea

gordon's choice

Salmon rillettes, salmon roe
    and mixed salad

---

Pan-roasted beef steak in watercress sauce,
    selected vegetables and sauteed potatoes

---

Haagen-Dazs ice cream

---

Coffee or tea

SQ319A LHR-SIN (DX/SN/HB) 135-1.4 03 EY

snack FROM LONDON TO SINGAPORE

Fancy a snack? Simply take your pick from our range of delectable snacks and make your selection known to our cabin crew.

SANDWICHES

Savoury sandwich

Vegetarian sandwich

SNACKS

Roasted peanuts

Potato chips

Cereal bar

Chocolate bar

Assorted sweet biscuits

Fruit

SQ319A LHR-SIN (DX/SN/HB) 135-1.5 03 EY

before touchdown FROM LONDON TO SINGAPORE

As your destination nears, refresh your senses with our delightful culinary treats.

FRUITS

Fresh fruit plate

LIGHT STARTER

Cereal

WHOLESOME BEGINNINGS

Braised egg noodles with seafood, Chinese greens and mushrooms

or

Vegetable fritatta served with chicken sausages, tomato and hash brown potato

FROM THE BAKERY

Breakfast roll with butter and fruit preserves

HOT BEVERAGES

Coffee

Tea

SQ319A LHR-SIN (DX/SN/HB) 135-1.6 03 EY

Leave a comment:

• kluau88
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    Lucky you there was no queue. There was a queue this afternoon

Leave a comment:

• taipeiflyer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    I think first flight departs SIN around 1 am 20MAY, and departs NRT around 1pm 20MAY. I am sure other can correct me if I am mistaken here.

Leave a comment:

• taipeiflyer
    replied
    will the first a380 nrt-sin depart on may 20 or may 21?

Leave a comment:

• taipeiflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    You'd better asked Howard Long! He was in Suite for the inaugural LHR-SIN, and soon he will do SYD-SIN-LHR.
    SIN-NRT-SIN is a short flight. Yeah about 6 hours flight time. For SIN-NRT it will be a redeye. Too short to sleep and to party. Thus you will not use fully the Suite experience. For NRT-SIN, it will be a day flight. I remember the day flight from NRT always have full lunch service (similar to the dinner on SQ11 NRT-SIN). Thus, you will have more in-flight service experience for this direction in Suite compare to the red eye one. And I am sure the Japanese would be more excited to have their first departing A380 from NRT.
    thank you very much!!

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    You'd better asked Howard Long! He was in Suite for the inaugural LHR-SIN, and soon he will do SYD-SIN-LHR.
    SIN-NRT-SIN is a short flight. Yeah about 6 hours flight time. For SIN-NRT it will be a redeye. Too short to sleep and to party. Thus you will not use fully the Suite experience. For NRT-SIN, it will be a day flight. I remember the day flight from NRT always have full lunch service (similar to the dinner on SQ11 NRT-SIN). Thus, you will have more in-flight service experience for this direction in Suite compare to the red eye one. And I am sure the Japanese would be more excited to have their first departing A380 from NRT.

Leave a comment:

• taipeiflyer
    replied
    after hearing all of the great experiences everyone has had, and remembering the joy i had on the TPE-LAX 77W inaugural... i think i am gonna book a suite for the SIN-NRT inaugural. SQ LPP, our resident suite expert, which should i get? i know they are all good... but people still have a preference between a ferrari and mercedes slr.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X