Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Great TR yflyer.

I will be visiting Dubai during the US Thanksgiving Break as my company is on shutdown during that week. My parents & I will be staying somewhere at JW Marriott, not too far from Burj Khalifa. We will be covering many of these places; might even ask you for a few suggestions, too. Moreover, because the stay is for 6 days (till Sunday AM), we will have to find some way to have a local sim card, because while our iPhones are unlocked (bought in the US at full price), we will need to buy a local sim there.
    Hi SQfanatic! Enjoy your trip to Dubai! It is an amazing place. By the way, agree this is a great TR, but it's written by cavemanSIN, not me :-) . I haven't been to Dubai in a while, but my past trips there were always great, and I think the weather during Thanksgiving months should be quite nice too, certainly not as hot as duuring summer months. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post

Hi SQfanatic! Enjoy your trip to Dubai! It is an amazing place. By the way, agree this is a great TR, but it's written by cavemanSIN, not me :-) . I haven't been to Dubai in a while, but my past trips there were always great, and I think the weather during Thanksgiving months should be quite nice too, certainly not as hot as duuring summer months. Cheers!
      You are too famous as the greatest contributor on this site. Haha

cavemanSIN, thank you for sharing.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion guys. Great TR caveman.

I’ll pm either of you on anything Dubai related by early November latest if necessary. It is any way our first time actually visiting the city itself. We have crossed the airport twice (2011, 2014) my mom crossed the airport at least 3 other times (2010, 2012, 2017) enroute to India. I’m looking forward to the trip; plus lots of continental restaurants around and where I’m staying at.

Comment

Fantastic TR again caveman.

I was just in Dubai last week for 6 days and covered much of these places. Coincidentally, we also stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai but on the 38th floor with the same view.

I should have looked at this further in detail before I left but have been busy with work and other personal things, but I liked Dubai, really nice place.

Only thing I regret was not taking time to explore more of the hotel like afternoon tea or other meals sooner. It’s a 5-star hotel and I have never stayed at a 5-star hotel till now (and will be staying at a 5-star place in Chennai this month). But the hotel is one of the best I have stayed at. Comfortable sleep and amazing walk in shower. I dunno the purpose of the tub, but we only used the walk in shower.

Of course it is good to tour and explore Dubai but the relaxing part was lacking. If my travels take me here to Dubai again and I stay at JW Marriott Marquis, I will make it a point to properly enjoy more of the hotel, especially at other times of the day when possible.

Unfortunately I didn’t get to explore Mall of Emirates, but we did get off at the station on the way to Dubai Miracle Garden. My mom judged it from the outside and parking lot thinking there’s nothing great compared to Dubai Mall but I wanted to go there just because it’s recommended on the list.

I would love to visit Dubai in the future but with the touring we did had it also involved going to India within the same trip, we would be dead tired in India as there is its own set of hectic activities. Nonetheless the lower fare for November and the company shutdown for Thanksgiving week made it all the while as my mom has bugged for years to come to Dubai.

Comment

Working...
          X