Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick C
    replied
    I'm having Takopachi today. The stupid octopus is a jinx.

Leave a comment:

• kapitan
    replied
    referee KAYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    Lost my voice with all the celebrations early this AM, but must say the Spaniards were relentless and just kept pounding away, a few brief moment of concern but in the end all is said and done... I'm smelling some chorizos at the next LD...

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Cynical football lost, beautiful football won.

Felicidades, Espaņa. Iker was amazing. Don Vicente was a smart, calming leader.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 12 July 2010, 06:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkfloyd
    replied
    The PM of Spain better keep his word now that Espaņa has won the cup!!

Leave a comment:

• B727
    replied
    Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    Read that the PM of Spain vowed to protect the octopus and provide it with asylum.
    Who cares about PPS, I want a PPO (psychic pet octopus)!

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Originally posted by B727 View Post
    That is one smart octopus!

I wonder if it also does feng shui?
    Read that the PM of Spain vowed to protect the octopus and provide it with asylum. Not sure Spain will feel the same if the octopus chose Holland and our Iberian friends lost in the finals? At least AMS is closer than sunny Spain.

kyo+, you have been very quiet about LD 7.5 after it was suggested you need to celebrate (or make amends) for the "Viva Espana" announcements (on your expense of course).

Sorry to push you on these but I think a couple of SQTalkers are dying from lack of liquid diet.

Leave a comment:

• B727
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    God, yes, he's done it again...
    That is one smart octopus!

I wonder if it also does feng shui?

Leave a comment:

• N_Architect
    replied
    A mediocre match last night for me, and not because of the result. Not the best of World Cups so far, but still some intense games and rapid fluctuating of sentiments - which is what the whole thing is all about, right?

The big disappointment was the referees in the first two rounds. Some of these England or Mexican (for example) players may make a very good living out of football during normal league seasons, but as national teams they have been preparing for months. A lot of effort and hopes have gone into these teams' journeys so far; nobody has the right to take away their fair chances in the game, simply because they cannot or refuse to see the ball clearly crossing the post line.

These are mistakes that will remain in history forever and will be remembered not just by the supporters of a single club, but by the people of a whole nation. I particularly don't like Ashley Cole or John Tery (though I like other English players a lot) but they are part of a team that deserved a fair chance against their rivals, whoever they were during that game. And they didn't get it. They did not play that great either on that day anyway, but that means not much. A fair chance is a fair chance, and it must be provided to every single team no matter what.

Nothing in this world can give so much excitement to millions of people round the glolobe, as sports and true competition can under a fair basis. True 'fair play' is therefore important. FIFA and co. better make it practice soon, otherwise they should revert and simply award golden trophies to gifted footballers (albeit clowns) who occasionally prefer to use their hands for scoring.

Leave a comment:

• SuperJonJon
    replied
    Wonder who that could've been...
    I wonder who it was....and was contemplating to reply but was too tired......

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    No sir, Spain only this WC after the Azzuris nuked our Ozzie dreams the last time round...

Chelsea for far, far longer since the Ruud Gullit (long may he be remembered)-era...
    I could say something here fella, but I won't as you're a good mate

Last nights match was the most enjoyable so far, in what has been the worst World Cup I can remember.

I did say I would go to the Dam if they got to the final cos those Dutch know how to turn out and enjoy themselves on the big occassion, as witnessed numerous times on 30 April for the Queens birthday celebration, my favourite day in Europe each year.

Alas work seems like it will get in the way again.

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    Wonder who that could've been...

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Yes, I got an SMS from someone celebrating at 4.30 am in the morning. Thanks for the morning call.

Must have made a bundle from the betting system. Need to bring us out for a mini-LD as part of the celebrations (or punishment).

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• N_Architect
    replied
    Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    Paul just picked Espana. He has decided to save us.
    God, no

Leave a comment:

Working...
X