X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhm
    replied
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/...725399,00.html

But here is some comfort for football fans. "Behind the scenes, a young Paul is already acclimatizing himself, he was meant to be trained by Paul the First in the coming weeks," aquarium officials said.

Fellow sea creatures will also benefit from his immortality in future. Oberhausen said it plans to donate some of its income from the sale of commercial rights relating to Paul -- he adorns a clothes brand and adverts for a supermarket chain, for example -- to help finance a rescue station for endangered turtles on the Greek island of Zakynthos.

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    'Tis a tragedy. He will be sorely missed and mourned at LD#9.

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    sniff. Poor thing

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    Assuming the psychic gene is hereditary, it is essential to introduce many lady octopi to Paul in these six to twelve months! Once he has performed his duty in producing many little Paulos, Paulettes, Paulines, etc, we can grill him on the BBQ for LD >7.
    Fire up the BBQ for LD#9!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11626050

Leave a comment:

• Savage25
    replied
    Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
    Looks like a big year for Spain: Rafael Nadal winning Wimbledon, and now Spain winning the World Cup.
    Repeat of Euro 2008.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkfloyd
    replied
    Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    Assuming the psychic gene is hereditary, it is essential to introduce many lady octopi to Paul in these six to twelve months! Once he has performed his duty in producing many little Paulos, Paulettes, Paulines, etc, we can grill him on the BBQ for LD >7.

Sounds like some snuff video...Get him laid then kill him off!! Still, I kinda agree, if he is not going to live that long, might as well do something useful with him...

Leave a comment:

• sumitsan
    replied
    Looks like a big year for Spain: Rafael Nadal winning Wimbledon, and now Spain winning the World Cup.

Leave a comment:

• phaleesy
    replied
    Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    LD7 is it. But no octopus. Octopus has a short life span and both male and female will not eat after mating. Paul is two and ahalf and will only live for anoth half a year or a year.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Absolutely. I was appalled at the way the Dutch literally tried to kick Spain out of the match
    I thought the Dutch have always been very aggressive in their play right from the start? Watched the highlights during one of their earlier games. I told jhm immediately that I thought they were extremely aggressive and 'un-sporty' (compared to the other teams); I didn't like them and did not want them to win.

I am glad that they did not win in the end, despite their foul tactics.

I like Spain and the people. So much warmer and friendlier! Very happy for them.

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    Paul is two and ahalf and will only live for anoth half a year or a year.
    Sad to see him go as it brought an interesting and different angle to this world cup.
    Maybe they'll erect a monument or mausoleum for him in Spain.

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    LD7 is it. But no octopus. Octopus has a short life span and both male and female will not eat after mating. Paul is two and ahalf and will only live for anoth half a year or a year.
    Sad to see him go as it brought an interesting and different angle to this world cup.

Leave a comment:

• Dent@SUB
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Lost my voice with all the celebrations early this AM, but must say the Spaniards were relentless and just kept pounding away, a few brief moment of concern but in the end all is said and done... I'm smelling some chorizos at the next LD...
    Can we expecting Flamenco dancing by Kyo+ at the LD#7???
    Will bring Sangria for your dancing...

Leave a comment:

• N_Architect
    replied
    All right.

I also wanted the Dutch to win.

But admittedly they played the Spaniards very very rough, and overall as a team they were slightly inferior (last night but also in the whole tournament).

The Spanish team, to their credit, took all this extremely aggressive play from the Dutch pretty graciously and persevered.

There are so many fine moments or details that could have changed the score. But that's competition for the ultimate position in sports.

A very nice final in my subjective opinion, not particularly for the beauty of the game played, but for the leadership exhibited by some players and also for the strategy and tactics adopted by the managers - while all of them were hanging on to their nerves due to the importance of the match.

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Congratulations!. Who you supporting next time ?.
    Ever since visiting Spain earlier this year, I've become a big fan of the country.

Let's see who's in the next one first... am actually making a kind of 'pact' with a few of my friends here last night that we'll watch the next World Cup in Brazil together. I'd love to go at least once in my lifetime!

At least we won't have to contend with vuvuzelas, then..!

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Cynical football lost, beautiful football won.
    Absolutely. I was appalled at the way the Dutch literally tried to kick Spain out of the match, and at half time I had changed from my position of wanting the Dutch to win it declared after England went out, to wanting Spain to win for the good of the game. The Dutch should have been one maybe two men down at half time. As for Van Bommell....

The way the Spanish refused to be intimidated, or to retaliate and be dragged down to the cynical level the Dutch were at, is a credit to them.

All in all, despite the odd bit of excitement, the tournament has been very disappointing from a football point of view. The eventual (and deserved)Champions scored a massive eight goals in seven games and only won their last four games 1-0.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Lost my voice with all the celebrations early this AM,
    Congratulations!. Who you supporting next time ?.

Leave a comment:

• trekkie
    replied
    deleted
    Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X