Changi T2 to close for 18 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Is there any updates with Changi's T2? I think it's already been over 18 months...
    I think it would take much more than 18 months before T2 opens. The initial plan was for T2 to close due to reduced demand due to Covid and for T2 upgrading to take place during that time.

As we all know by now, manpower and material shortage in the construction industry would play a part in this delay. Moreover, there are extensive works going on in the apron area of T2. F50 is mostly closed with an extension building being built in its place.
    E20, E12 and E5 along with some taxiways near it are closed due to tunneling works for the rumoured MRT line extension into T5. These are not going to finish anytime soon. Some of them should be visible on Google Earth.

Comment

https://mainlymiles.com/2022/05/26/r...smoking-areas/

Sounds like T2 has reopened a week ago. Here's an article in case anyone's interested or traveling through that terminal.

Comment

It looks like the entire southern half of T2 will reopen in October, which presumably will mean facilities will once again be available to passengers airside.

Comment

Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
          It looks like the entire southern half of T2 will reopen in October, which presumably will mean facilities will once again be available to passengers airside.
          Good to hear. Thanks for the information.

When I go in December, based on layover time, the whole T2 will be open for operational use. All my flights would be departing/arriving from T3, but it'll be nice to see how T2 is like from a renovated perspective.

Comment

Working...
          X