Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels in London

Hi everyone,

Will be heading to London first time later this year in December.

What are some good hotels to stay at in London? looking at 4/5 star hotels.

Since its my first time going to europe, Have no idea with so many hotels in London.

Hi balajih67! Great to hear you are heading to London. One of my all-time favourite cities to visit. It's been a while since I've visited London (My last trip was pre-COVID), but in general, hotels in London tend to be super pricey, especially for 5 Star and Luxury hotels, so much so that when i go to London, I tend to go for the mid range 3 star places that are much better value i.e. I typically value location in London more than anything else, and pick a place mainly based on location (close to attractions, food and a Tube station for example).

If you want modern luxury, the Shangri La at The Shard is amazing as a landmark. I personally am very fond of the Hilton London Hyde Park, where the rooms are tiny, and facilities minimal, but the rooms are nice and I loved the location.

Goes without saying that you should stay in the city itself and avoid LHR airport hotels, even if the pricing there is a lot lower. I would also consider smaller boutique hotels rather than big chains. TripAdvisor is usually fairly reliable.

Many others on SQTalk would be in a better position to give advice on London hotels, and do join our Singapore get-together on Sat, 29 Oct, to get more advice on this topic from the regulars!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      Hi balajih67! Great to hear you are heading to London. One of my all-time favourite cities to visit. It's been a while since I've visited London (My last trip was pre-COVID), but in general, hotels in London tend to be super pricey, especially for 5 Star and Luxury hotels, so much so that when i go to London, I tend to go for the mid range 3 star places that are much better value i.e. I typically value location in London more than anything else, and pick a place mainly based on location (close to attractions, food and a Tube station for example).

If you want modern luxury, the Shangri La at The Shard is amazing as a landmark. I personally am very fond of the Hilton London Hyde Park, where the rooms are tiny, and facilities minimal, but the rooms are nice and I loved the location.

Goes without saying that you should stay in the city itself and avoid LHR airport hotels, even if the pricing there is a lot lower. I would also consider smaller boutique hotels rather than big chains. TripAdvisor is usually fairly reliable.

Many others on SQTalk would be in a better position to give advice on London hotels, and do join our Singapore get-together on Sat, 29 Oct, to get more advice on this topic from the regulars!
      Thank you for the recommendations, I have booked at Pan Pacific London, a relatively new hotel in London, opened just last year. Located just a minute away from a liverpool street station interchange with several lines passing through and decent food nearby in the area. Prices as you mentioned are sky high, and my regular go to brands like Mandarin Oriental, Shangri La, Sheraton and Mariott are so damn expensive omg......

Comment

Working...
      X