Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equarius Hotel
    Deluxe Garden Room

With Sentosa Resorts World hosting a number of hotels, it was expected that I would stay at one of it for my staycations. Hence, we checked into Equarius Hotel for a night.

Situated at the southernmost tip of continental Asia, along the fringe of a tropical rainforest in Sentosa, is the Equarius Hotel. We created this haven as the perfect getaway for nature lovers and families alike, just a stone's throw away from nature hikes and the island's numerous attractions, including some of Asia’s best, like Universal Studios Singapore and S.E.A. Aquarium™.

Our spacious and breezy deluxe rooms and suites boast balconies with stunning panoramic views of either forest or sea. We have ensured superior slumber on luxe mattresses paired with Egyptian cotton bed linen of no less than 400 thread count, while our spacious bathrooms are fitted with double vanity areas, separate bathtub and shower.

Arriving at the hotel, and checking in at the automated check-in kiosks.

Heading up to the room

I had booked the Deluxe Garden Room, which is made up of a normal room but including a huge private garden.

Enjoy the tranquility of nature in your private garden and be pampered in luxurious in-room amenities and round-the-clock Room Service.

Entering the room

Wardrobe with bathrobes, safe and extra pillows.

To the other side was the huge bathroom, with bathtub, separate shower and toilet cubicles.

Double sinks with vitamin spa amenities. I still find it weird with the see-through view into the room from the wash area. For a 5-stars hotel, the bathroom amenities did not felt too premium.

Room was huge as well, with a king bed and long sofa.

Swivel tv

Only instant coffees offered, but at least the teas were TWG-branded.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

The private garden from the room was big, with greenery views.

The pool was located at the Beach Villas, and is a short walk over. The whole feel was very Balinese, with the expansive free-form pool, surrounded by greenery and villas.

The gym was also located at the Beach Villas, and was well-equipped.

Headed over to the shops and F&B areas of Resorts World, which was rather quiet and devoid of visitors due to the Covid restrictions in place back then.

View towards Harbourfront.

We had dinner at Bones n Barrels, while enjoying the perfect sunset view.

Next morning, breakfast was served to the room in take-away bento sets (not very 5-stars) due to the dining-in restrictions then. We had a choice of a Western or Local set, and chose one each.

It was a pretty decent stay at Equarius Hotel. Nothing fantastic with the room facilities and amenities, though we do liked the pool a lot. Can consider a stay if the price is right.

My Travel Map

Comment

The Scarlet Singapore
        Lavish Suite

The next stay is at one of the first luxury boutique hotels in Singapore, The Scarlet Singapore.

The Scarlet Singapore made its debut in 2004 – famed for being the first luxury boutique hotel and one of the oldest conservation building in Singapore. The boutique hotel is a juxtaposition of Singapore’s old and new, with its well preserved pre-World War Two architecture, integrated to reflect 21st-century modern day comforts. Be inspired by the historical past of the hotel, housed in a row of 13 1868 shophouses and vintage 1924 Art Deco building.
        Welcome to a world of design and colour as you step through the doors of the hotel; stylish, luxurious, dramatic and theatrical. Designed thoughtfully with no expense spared, to tease and seduce the senses. An encounter with The Scarlet Singapore is like meeting a vivacious, uninhibited woman that you will want to meet time and time again

Checking in at the opulent lobby.

We had booked a suite, and was arranged a Lavish Suite.

One of the more spacious suites among our collection, the Lavish Suite is an art piece of its own, with an unusual semi-hexagonal layout in our 1924 Art Deco block. Styled in striking shades of yellows, blues, and reds, the suite features a luxurious king-sized tailor-made Hἃstens bed using only natural materials such as horsehair, flax, wool, and pine. One of the best Singapore luxury suites, the suite is fitted with a bathtub with jacuzzi jets.

Entering the suite wa immediately the mini-bar area with crockery, utensils and coffee/tea. However, only instant coffees were provided.

Plush sofa and coffee table

Work desk and a king bed.

Towel cake and a back scratcher.

The infamous $38,500 Hastens bed, touted as the best bed in the world (though I did not really feel the difference vs other branded beds).

My Travel Map

Comment

Ear plugs provided as the suite was just beside the road and sound insolation was not the best.

Fiery red lounger

Complimentary snacks and drinks below the TV console.

Closet with the usual amenities.

Bathroom, with amenities by Flair.

Jacuzzi tub with bath salts and bath sponge provided.

There is a separate shower stall.

View from the suite.

Not many facilities in the hotel, but there is a outdoor jacuzzi which is currently closed, of course due to Covid.

View of the hotel at sunset.

No meals included in the stay but with so many choices around the hotel, there was really no need for. It was an experience to stay in this bold and opulent boutique hotel for a change from the usual chains.

My Travel Map

Comment

W Singapore Sentosa Cove
            Marvelous Suite

For my birthday last year, we had a stay at W Singapore at Sentosa Cove.

Live it up amidst the lush greenery and lively coastal setting of Sentosa, Singapore's exclusive resort island. W Singapore - Sentosa Cove, a 5-star luxury hotel under Marriott International, is an oasis of modern luxury for business travelers, vivacious stay-cationers and sophisticated globetrotters. Escape from the everyday and take a whirl into the extraordinary as you lift your beachfront lifestyle to new heights! Explore some of Singapore's best attractions including Universal Studios Singapore and S.E.A. Aquarium, or hide out from the hustle and recharge at AWAY® Spa. Slip into something comfortable in any one of our resort's 240 guest rooms and suites. From vivid interiors to a neverending list of amenities that redefine contemporary sophistication, there is plenty of room for relaxing. Our signature Whatever/Whenever service is available for all guests. Whatever you want, whenever you want it on Sentosa Island.

Arriving at the hotel and checking in.

View of hotel grounds from lobby

Heading up to the room.

The stay would be in the Marvelous Suite.

Bask in the magnificent glow of luxury resort living in the 80-square-metre one-bedroom Marvelous Suite at W Singapore – Sentosa Cove. Boasting an expansive balcony overlooking the marina, and an opulent polished stone bathtub in a full marble bathroom, the Marvelous Suite promises a revitalizing stay. Corner views, soft furnishings, and spacious extras add finishing touches to this paean to tropical pleasures making it the ultimate luxury suite in Singapore.

Entering the Suite

A guest bathroom just at the entrance.

Mini bar, with only the coffee/teas and drinking water being complimentary.

Spacious living area

A work desk at the side.

Welcome letter

Bedroom with simple birthday decor.

My Travel Map

Comment

View around the bedroom

Balloons were held by a rubber duckie.

Closet with the usual amenities and extra pillows.

There were some items for sale, such as caps and tote bag.

Lounger in the bedroom.

Though I much prefer the lounge area on the balcony overlooking the marina.

The bathroom was also amazing! Huge space with a standing jacuzzi tub overlooking the marina, and separate shower and toilet stalls.

Bathroom was well stocked with amenities, and even 'cheeky' ones.

Exploring the hotel grounds. The gym was closed during my stay due to Covid restrictions.

My Travel Map

Comment

The pool is one of the largest (if not largest) hotel pool in Singapore.

Lounging at the balcony to enjoy the sunset.

As my stay included USD100 of hotel credits, we used it for in-room dining. Ordered some dishes from the hotel restaurants Skirt and The Kitchen Table.

Starting with Fried Calamari

For mains, we had the Iberico Pork Tomahawk and the W Signature Pizza. Delicious and filling.

Loved the night views of the marina.

It was pretty quiet around the resort at night too.

For breakfast, we had pre-ordered during check-in, to be delivered to the room. We were entitled to a set each, but ask nicely and more might be offered.

It was a very hearty spread when delivered.

Starting with pastries, yoghurt and a poke-bowl from the healthy selection.

For the western main, we had the eggs benedict.

For local mains, we went for the nasi lemak and the laksa.

A very relaxing birthday staycation it was.

My Travel Map

Comment

Ascott Raffles Place
                  Cutler Suite Studio

During the National Day long weekend, we hotel-hopped a couple of hotels within the CBD. The first hotel is the serviced apartment hotel, Ascott Raffles Place,

Ascott Raffles Place Singapore is housed within a restored 1950s heritage structure, that was once the tallest building in South East Asia, and features an Art Deco facade - a striking juxtaposition set against the modern Singaporean skyline.

Check-in was quick.

Heading up to the room.

They stay was booked into the entry-level 48sqm Cutler Suite.

Experience modern living with this contemporary studio apartment, which blends the perfect location with the ultimate stylish residence. The residence also comes with wireless Internet access, air-conditioning and daily housekeeping for your total convenience and comfort.

Entering the room was the kitchenette area.

Being a serviced apartment, the kitchenette was very well-equipped.

Passing the kitchen was the bedroom with a king bed. Unfortunately the view from the room was negligible, facing the neighboring building.

A work desk behind the bed.

Welcome letter, stating all the Covid restrictions in place.

Coffees and teas, bottled water, as well as a bottle of hand sanitizer provided.

My Travel Map

Comment

Wardrobe items, including a laundry basket for the long-term stayers.

Bathroom, with separate shower/bath and toilet cubicles. Amenities were by Appelles.

Checking out the facilities, there is a lounging area and a gym at the top floor.

But more famously is the roof-top infinity pool with see-through walls.

Due to Covid situation then, our italian dinner was a take-away from a restaurant.

For breakfast the next day, it was pick-up from the hotel restaurant, Cali, vis bento sets. Portion was pretty generous.

Overall, Ascott Raffles Place is a very decent serviced apartment to stay in if you are looking to stay for short or long term right in the middle of the CBD area.

My Travel Map

Comment

The Clan Hotel
                      Grand Premier Room

Right after our stay at Ascott, we walked to the nearby newly opened hotel (unfortunately during the pandemic) The Clan Hotel.

Meaningful journeys all start somewhere. Ours began with the clan associations that dot our neighbourhood, where Singapore’s forefathers helped Chinese settlers make this land their own. Now, the story continues at The Clan Hotel, where you can count on us to fuel, delight and inspire you as you go on to create yours.

A staff will welcome you with a 'gong' at the entrance.

Took the lift to the check-in lobby, which was beautifully designed in accordant to the hotel's theme. Check-in was quick and very personal.

We were brought up to our room by a staff member and explained the facilities in the hotel and room.

For this stay, I had booked the 36sqm Grand Premier Room, which is the highest category room in the hotel.

For those who seek only the remarkable, this is our room par excellence. Return after a rewarding day to elevated views and exclusive services like a butler-drawn bath and an exquisite, luxury soap menu. We know that when you are a master of your craft, the finer details matter. So from delicate blooming tea to shoe spa service to customisable in-room refreshments, every element of your stay in a Master Series room is purposeful and intuitive. When you’re settled in, our Clan Keepers will bring you into the fold with handed-down stories and a local precinct tour. And if all-day breakfast is what your heart desires, guess what? They’ve got you too.

Entering the room was the wardrobe.

The Grand Premier Room is designed in a dark woody colour tone, with everything brand new as per expected.

A sanitizing kit was provided.

Some pretty fragile in-room decor (be careful if there are kids).

View from the workdesk was towards the Raffles Place area with a hint of the sea.

Complimentary snacks were provided, as well as a UV handphone sterilization equipment.

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                      X