Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist sim card for 24 hours (or less) while in Singapore

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right category to post. Mods, please feel free to move it to the appropriate category.

So next Sunday, 18DEC, I am traveling from SFO to MAA via SIN on SQ33 and will be landing on 20DEC in SIN (5:45AM). The layover time between SQ33 and SQ528 is around 15 hours. At some point during the layover, we intend to go visit the city of Singapore.

Does anyone know, just for curiosity or knowledge if any carrier in Singapore has a tourist sim or provides something like a free certain number of GB of data only valid for 24 hours? Mostly I may only go around the city for about 3-4 hours and much of the time will rely on Wifi at both Changi Airport and the Ambassador Hotel.

The reason I'm asking is because in Dubai, when they stamped my US passport (visa on arrival), they handed us a free 1 GB sim valid for 24 hours and that was BEFORE we went to the actual shop (du) to get our sim cards activated. Not sure if it may work the same way in Singapore. It's useful if you want to call a Uber when somewhere and probably other things you can check on the go.

Thanks in advance!

Your trip may be done but this is general advice for everyone else in the future. Unfortunately no carrier in SG gives out free sim cards. Realistically the lowest you are looking to pay is S$12 and you need to show an ID. You might want to consider getting en eSIM that covers both Singapore and India.

Comment

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
      Your trip may be done but this is general advice for everyone else in the future. Unfortunately no carrier in SG gives out free sim cards. Realistically the lowest you are looking to pay is S$12 and you need to show an ID. You might want to consider getting en eSIM that covers both Singapore and India.
      Alright, thanks for the information hybridace101. I'll keep this in mind for future trips, just as a reference. not that I want to get, but good to know.

Comment

Working...
      X