A380 flying SIN-MEL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 flying SIN-MEL?

hi, just wondering if there's been any word on SQ A380s flying the Singapore-Melbourne route? or whether they're just going to fly Sydney-Singapoore, I fly the SIN-MEL route frequently, and while the 777s are awesome, I really, really, REALLY want a ride on one of the superjumbos!

Eventually, yes...... and welcome to SQTalk Greatfox!

Comment

thanks flyergirl! I can't wait until the WhaleJet arrives!!

Comment

when will the first a380 going to be delivered to SQ?

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
          Oct 2007, hopefully.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Speaking of which, what are the loads like for SIN-MEL sector? My experience is that the flights have always been very full, with 773s and 747s serving the route. I was therefore surprised to see one of the flights being "downgraded" to 772s recently..
            -z.h.i.w.e.n-

Comment

Should be quite full. But I think now (Whatever season it is) one of the 773s is downgraded, but I don't know why either.

Comment

Loads on the MEL run vary seasonally. Weekend flights also tend to be fuller than midweek ones.

As for the downgrade, it could just be 773s going in for maintenance and as they're so short of aircraft they have to sub with a smaller aircraft rather than have no flights at all.

SQ218/217 will be served by the 77W later in the year, while SQ238/237 and SQ228/227 will remain 773 and 744 respectively.

Expect BIG changes to SQ228/227 in the hopefully not too distant future if all goes well though...
                Last edited by KeithMEL; 28 April 2007, 12:47 AM.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

When will 77W fly in SIN-MEL route??? Is it confirmed already???

Comment

i've been on all three SQ flights out of MEL, and believe me, it is very, VERY full.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                      Apparently,the A380s were supposed to be delivered late 2006,but It was delayed.I heard they will be delivered end of this year. A380 rocks

Comment

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
                        When will 77W fly in SIN-MEL route??? Is it confirmed already???
                        Confirmed - from 28 OCT 07. SQ217/218.

Comment

That's just fantastic news.. I certainly didn't expect 77Ws to be deployed on this route. Especially as the 773s used on SQ217/218 are only equipped with the regional business class, which looks pretty worn. Didn't think they would replace it with the new long-haul product. I'll definitely be booking my flight back on SQ218 come year end! But i think i still prefer the old colour schemes for the Cabin seats,especially in Y class.. The purple and blue suited the SQ corporate colours and of course, the kerbaya of the Singapore Girls.
                          -z.h.i.w.e.n-

Comment

YAY! finally no longer lucky dip of wether I get a 772 or 3, just have to hope for another upgrade to raffles now, but yeah, in the 5 years I've been flying the route it's always been pretty packed, been lucky recently to benefit from a couple of upgrades from the large number of passengers

Comment

Its great to hear that SQ 218 will use 77W. I'm mostly using that flight,due to better connection with asian flight. Melb flight always full and got 2 op-up this year,but both in sq 237 with 773 and 772(no-avod).but last time my friend was asked for voluntary change fr 227 to 237 with business class and sgd 500. Any chance for op-up in 77W?

Comment

Working...
                              X