SIN-LAX Non-stop Best Y Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-LAX Non-stop Best Y Seat

Looking at seatguru.com it appears that rows 31 & 34 are the best Y seats on the non-stop A345 SIN/LAX/SIN flight. Does anyone know if you can select these seats at the time of making an online booking. Does anyone also know what sort of time it takes to clear customs/immigration at LAX when arriving and departing on this flight.

Originally posted by soak01 View Post
    Looking at seatguru.com it appears that rows 31 & 34 are the best Y seats on the non-stop A345 SIN/LAX/SIN flight. Does anyone know if you can select these seats at the time of making an online booking. Does anyone also know what sort of time it takes to clear customs/immigration at LAX when arriving and departing on this flight.

Actually, Seat 31 and 34 are supposed to be the best seats because these are front rows seats. Since the seat pitch is quite good, I actually prefer the back. More privacy and good bounce during turbulence. Also easy to reach for snacks when you are in the middle of your journey.

You do your online check-in when it is available 48 Hrs prior to departure....if you are traveling on the 17 March, then you MUST check in on the dot at 1600Hrs on Thursday (tomorrow) 15 March. I have been successful on some occasions of my LAX direct flights check-in so far.

It normally takes about half to an hour to clear customs and immigration at LAX arrival. Departing is much quicker, about 15 min to clear the security check at most.

(Audio)
    ________
    ipod games
    Last edited by Audio; 4 February 2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

In my opinion, row 31(A/K) is the way to go.
      Place your rollaboard on the floor, and you have an old generation business class seat.

Comment

I am facing the grim prospect of SIN-EWR in Y this May...

Do they make you put the seatback upright during meals? If so, that may be good reason to pick row 33 over 31...?

What are loads like in J & Y? Any possibility at all of an op-up??

Comment

I took SIN-EWR-SIN last Sep and it is easily the longest flight I ever took!!! Almost 19 hours headwinded into Singapore!!

The A345 EY class seats are comfortable and is the savior for all EY travellers like me.

For me, it does not matter whether the forward seat is upright or not, I got ample room to eat, relax or watch the 9" movie screen.

Like I said front row seats is not important to me, I prefer the last row.

The load is mostly full. More over-booking in BC than EY, I believe.

(Audio)
          ________
          Ford Super Duty specifications
          Last edited by Audio; 4 February 2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Audio View Post
            I took SIN-EWR-SIN last Sep and it is easily the longest flight I ever took!!!
            Well, it'd be the longest flight most people have taken too

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Well, it'd be the longest flight most people have taken too
              Notwithstanding the Apollo programme. But those had proper Spacebeds.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                What are loads like in J & Y? Any possibility at all of an op-up??
                Op-up? What's that?

SQ rarely does op-up. My record on SQ for 6 years is zero, zilch, nil. I am unlucky compare to other SQ flyers around here.
                Last edited by CGK; 15 March 2007, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks. Given that I am over 6' 2'', I'll try for row 31 and 34 as soon as the online check-in period begins.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    SQ rarely does op-up. My record on SQ for 6 years is zero, zilch, nil.
                    It's difficult to be op-up'ed when you're sat right at the front...

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      Which is why the acronym DAPOUGPL was coined for CGK.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

SQ rarely does op-up. My record on SQ for 6 years is zero, zilch, nil. I am unlucky compare to other SQ flyers around here.
                        It happens....

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          It happens....
                          Yes, indeed it happens, but rarely. And I know I have to remind everyone not to expect any op-ups. Otherwise will scream bloody murder how bad SQ is.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          Which is why the acronym DAPOUGPL was coined for CGK.
                          Your honours, I don't know what you are talking about!

Perhaps the new exclusive enhanced PPS Club will provide a god-like treatment such as that particular acronym?

Comment

Yes, indeed it happens, but rarely. And I know I have to remind everyone not to expect any op-ups. Otherwise will scream bloody murder how bad SQ is.
                            Rarely, though I actually have a decent batting average, or luck...

But of course when I have spent my twenty-fifth-thousand-and-first Singapore dollar on SQ next year, I will be considered a God, and shall feel free to scream bloody murder when not upgraded... or when champers isn't properly chilled... or...

Comment

I gather you are talking about the A345. I actually liked the seats in last few rows of the Y cabin on the side opposite the buffet .......I really couldn't imagine having to sit so close to the LAVS for 16-18 hours. All that flushing would drive me !

Comment

Working...
                              X