X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUL KLIA aerotrain to be out of service for 3 months for maintenance

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story...628&sec=nation

Just something for you all to consider if passing through

Note: This is not the KLIA ekspres - just the one linking the Main Terminal Building to the satellite one.

Hmm.
    By way of comparison, I have not heard of the Changi skytrains being out of action for 3 months for MX.

Never did see the point of the Satellite terminal.
    There's enough space at KLIA to not need it to be so dislocated.
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Oh well, that's a bit of a downer... pun not intended, but those aerotrains are zippy. Can't imagine where the buses will go from/to!?!

Comment

If I'm not mistaken just a little bit forward from the stops (at the MTB), there is an escalator going downstairs. Probably this is where the buses will depart?

Don't have an idea at all where they will arrive at the satellite though.

Comment

I wonder how frequently the buses will run? Will they be continuous or "on demand"? If they are only a couple of passengers, will they still run, or will they wait til the buses fill up a bit more? Not a biggie but an irritating inconvenience IMHO....fortunately, I will not be in KLIA during the above mentioned period!

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
            I wonder how frequently the buses will run? Will they be continuous or "on demand"? If they are only a couple of passengers, will they still run, or will they wait til the buses fill up a bit more? Not a biggie but an irritating inconvenience IMHO....fortunately, I will not be in KLIA during the above mentioned period!
            Exactly what I wonder. Back in December when I was flying AMS-KUL-SIN my AMS-KUL flight was delayed two hours, which left me with a 30 minute layover. Without the train I don't think I would've made it. (Good thing I run every morning )

Comment

KLIA Aerotrain Service Unavailable Due to Upgrading

KLIA Aerotrain Service Unavailable Due to Upgrading

19 October 2010

The Aerotrain service at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) will be unavailable on 20 October 2010 (0700hrs – 1600hrs), and for the entire period from 1 November 2010 to 15 March 2011, due to upgrading work. Complimentary shuttle service will be provided by KLIA during this period.

Arriving customers can proceed to the shuttle bus lounge at Gate C5 for transfer to the Main Terminal building for baggage collection, immigration and customs clearance.

For departing customers, they may proceed to the shuttle bus lounge on the ground floor at the contact pier. Information on the pickup and dropoff points will also be placed at check-in counters.
              Last edited by feb01mel; 19 October 2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                Complimentary shuttle service will be provided by KLIA during this period.
                Mighty good of them, I must say.

Having said that, it might be nice to stroll across the tarmac to get to immigration.

Comment

Simply perfect.

The one time I purposely pay more to fly in 1 hours early next Friday night (29th Oct), this will probably add another 30 minutes on top... will have to go one hour earlier also for safety on Sunday (31st Oct..)

Comment

It baffles me, why did they need to wait 13 years to maintain the aerotrains? If they did it every few years I believe they didn't need to do such a major maintainence.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Simply perfect.

The one time I purposely pay more to fly in 1 hours early next Friday night (29th Oct), this will probably add another 30 minutes on top... will have to go one hour earlier also for safety on Sunday (31st Oct..)
                    Knowing how efficient KLIA gets, I think it is wise to do so.

Comment

complimentry bus service? I shudder at the thought,...many years ago I was at the old Subang, flew in from KK to connect to a KL-SIN flight... 1.5 hours in between.... had to transfer terminals, ... walk out after landing, saw a sign board that says COMPLIMENTRY bus will run every 20 minutes.... 20 minutes past the hour, saw a bus coming.... it stopped and I was thinking to myself, hmmm how efficient... boarded the bus, sat down...but where was the driver? I thought he went for toilet break, ok, I still have time....... waited and waited, the bus did not drive out of the stop until after 50 minutes...... haizzzzz....
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                        complimentry bus service? I shudder at the thought,...many years ago I was at the old Subang, flew in from KK to connect to a KL-SIN flight... 1.5 hours in between.... had to transfer terminals, ... walk out after landing, saw a sign board that says COMPLIMENTRY bus will run every 20 minutes.... 20 minutes past the hour, saw a bus coming.... it stopped and I was thinking to myself, hmmm how efficient... boarded the bus, sat down...but where was the driver? I thought he went for toilet break, ok, I still have time....... waited and waited, the bus did not drive out of the stop until after 50 minutes...... haizzzzz....
                        T.I.M (This is Malaysia).

Though I don't like certain ways of doing things in Malaysia, I can't hate the country since i was grown up there

Comment

I forsee a huge mess, mass confusion and hordes of irate people.

Oh wait. That's pretty much SNAFU here anyway

Comment

I'm sorry but what's SNAFU?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                              I'm sorry but what's SNAFU?

SNAFU

Comment

Working...
                              X