Declining standard for SQ Satay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declining standard for SQ Satay?

I have found the quality of the satay onboard to be less consistent now. It seems to be drier on many occasions and does not stand out so much recently as compared to the past. Sometimes it does taste good but others very average. No satay expert but could it also be the person warming it up?

Dear Mods, if there is another thread of this nature, kindly merge it. Thanks.

I've always found the quality of SQ satay to be generally ho hum.

I usually prefer the lamb although they serve more sticks of the chicken.

Although the chicken satay in F on SQ 308 last month wasn't that bad.
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

I have found SQ's satay quite OK, actually. But let's face it, LionCity - some of the best satay Singapore has to offer is available right below your office... not 100m away. You're a satay connoisseur, and those can't be compared to in-flight satay!

Comment

I have not had SQ satay for a long time......
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Not just satay. Meal quality also coming down, both in terms of taste + Portion and across all classes.

Yet they still increasing the fares.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            I have not had SQ satay for a long time......
            Same here. Can't remember having any satay for my flights the last 2 yrs. I actually miss it. It was pretty good the last time I had it.

Does anyone know when satay is served and when it is not? In C, that is (I don't get to fly F).

Comment

Once I tried MH satay, I quickly forgot about SQ satay.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Once I tried MH satay, I quickly forgot about SQ satay.
                *Gasp*

Can you say things like that on this forum?

But you're right.

Any pictures from our Malaysian contributors?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                  Any pictures from our Malaysian contributors?
                  Not Malaysian but...

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...53&postcount=6

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    But let's face it, LionCity - some of the best satay Singapore has to offer is available right below your office... not 100m away. You're a satay connoisseur, and those can't be compared to in-flight satay!
                    ... but curious minds want to know how it compares to Malaysian satay ?

Kyo's Quest For Satay (aka Kyo Does Kuala Lumpur + Kajang)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      I have found SQ's satay quite OK, actually. But let's face it, LionCity - some of the best satay Singapore has to offer is available right below your office... not 100m away. You're a satay connoisseur, and those can't be compared to in-flight satay!
                      You meant Lau Pa Sat? There are quite a few stores and not sure which one is a good. These days it seems I starting to prefer Chinese satay with pork in SIN.

My main issue is that I don't feel the consistency of the satay is there anymore. It is quite a hit and miss affair.

Previously they have satay in the Au Kris Lounge but haven't seen it in the past 3-4 years or maybe longer.

Comment

I have not had the SQ Satay so can't help you there but have had the original at the old Satay Club in Singapore long before they relocated the place and it is pretty good.I am from Australia by the way and have seen the rubbish that passes for Satay at the local Food Court here it doesn't even compare

Comment

Working...
                        X