Should I give up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I give up?

Few months back, I flew to PVG with a few hundred miles short of *G. Upon my completion of the flight to PVG, I would have turned *G. So the next PVG-LHR flight would have earned me 25% bonus miles since I effectively *G.

Of course due to the system, this was not reflected in my account. So I chased up SQ TWICE reagarding the extra miles. A few weeks have gone by, no updates on my account. On both occasions, they say my case will be forwarded to the right department. Nothing happened since! I *** know if I wanna be calling again for the 3rd time and explaining the situation for the 3rd time! I'm getting too tired of this.

Do you think writing works?

Personally, I will chase for the third time. You said you called them? I personally prefer to deal with human. Thus, I will take my effort going into SQ office. No not that tiny counter in LHR. An office like in Singapore or Jakarta or KL or BKK where they are nice and can be helpful.
    Good luck!

Comment

Always write so you have a written confirmation, to which you can continually refer. It can take a very long time to get retroactive mileage. I suggest writing (use the feedback link when you're logged into your account), and if you don't hear back after two weeks, calling. Using the website feedback link autogenerates a reply, which you can use to begin assembling a "paper" trail.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Okay I did write back as suggested by jjpb3. Cheers guys. Took a month to reply.

Our Reference Number: Email/ xxx
        KrisFlyer Membership Number : xxx

Dear Mr. Quik!

Thank you for your email dated 14 March 2007 to KrisFlyer Membership services and we sincerely apologise for the delay in response to you.

As regard to the matter you have highlighted in your pervious email, we wish to inform you that your Qualification date for your Elite Silver status was on 14 December 2006. Any flight travel after the Qualification date will be awarded with bonus tier. Thus we regret that we are unable to credit in the Bonus tier for the following flight.

VS251 10 December 2006 Shanghai to London K Class

We are sorry to have disappointed you in this instance, Mr. Kok. However, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Yours sincerely
        Sylvia Liow
        Customer Service Executive
        KrisFlyer Membership Services

Hotline: (65) 6789 8188 (Singapore and other countries)
        (44) 207 531 2041 (Europe)
        (61) 2 9350 0203 (South West Pacific)
        Facsimile: (65) 67898777
        to which I reply

Hi Sylvia,

For your information, my qualification for Elite Silver was after my flight from London to Shanghai (6th Dec). Upon completion of the flight, I had enough Elite miles to qualify as Silver. I am not sure if the system had been updated as soon as my flight was completed.

Here are more details for your reference prior to flight VS251: -

Date c KF Miles Earned KF Elite Miles

12/06/2006 VS 250 K LHR-PVG 5743 5743
        10/15/2006 SQ 107 Y KUL-SIN 184 184
        10/15/2006 SQ 320 Y SIN-LHR 6761 6761
        09/30/2006 SQ 116 Y SIN-KUL 184 184
        09/29/2006 SQ 319 Y LHR-SIN 6761 6761
        06/25/2006 SQ 103 Y KUL-SIN 184 184
        06/25/2006 SQ 320 Y SIN-LHR 6761 6761
        Total miles - qualified for Silver 26578
        Question is, my qualification date should be 6th December 2006, right?

Comment

Yeah, your qualification date should be 6 Dec 2006. Unless your membership year was something between those dates?

Comment

quik, I agree with SuperJonJon's interpretation. It looks as though your Elite Miles were reset sometime after your flights in June (or even September) 2006. Did you originally join KrisFlyer between July and October 2005?

Comment

I joined in year 2006, June, and those are my first few flights with them.

Comment

Looks like they have some explaining to do. VS251 would've posted after VS250 and should've been eligible for the tier bonus.

Let us know what the official reply is; I'm curious to know.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Looks like they have some explaining to do. VS251 would've posted after VS250 and should've been eligible for the tier bonus.

Let us know what the official reply is; I'm curious to know.
                  I will, but it'll take another month for them to reply

Comment

Our Reference Number: Email/104961
                    KrisFlyer Membership Number :

Dear Mr Quik

Thank you for your email dated 22 May 2007 to KrisFlyer Membership Services.

With regard to your email, we would like to inform you that for your flight with Virgin Atlantic from London to Shanghai on 6 December 2006, we received the instruction for crediting to your KrisFlyer account from our airline partner on 13 December 2006. Thus, this instruction will take place after their process of verification and approval.

We would like to inform you that you are qualified as an Elite Silver after your KrisFlyer miles have been credited to your KrisFlyer account and your qualification date starts on 14 December 2006. Therefore, the tier bonus can be accrued for your flight after the qualification date.

Mr PITA, thank you for writing to us and we hope that you will continue to enjoy all the benefits of your KrisFlyer membership in the year ahead.
                    GRRRRRR

Comment

Working...
                    X