Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPS seat priority -- waitlist for preferred seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS seat priority -- waitlist for preferred seat?

I've read on FT and elsewhere that PPS members can "trump" others for seat assignments, even if the other traveler has already selected the seat.

If I'm traveling in J and wish to be moved to a seat which is currently occupied in the system, is it possible to have the existing traveler moved if he/she is not of equal status? Needless to say, I'm a much bigger fan of 11 A/K or 17 A/K on the 744 as opposed to sitting in the middle downstairs.

I'm not sure I'd want to take advantage of this even if it were offered as a benefit (worried about karma!), but I'm just curious if this is possible.

Anyone have any experiences with this, or for waitlisting for a particular seat?

When I was a lowly QPP1, I waitlisted for my preferred Raffles seats, and I never had difficulty getting them. I don't think I kicked someone out, although I deliberately chose to stay away from waitlisting 17A (when 17A and K were taken, I waitlisted for 17K).

I can't vouch for what may have happened to the person who was originally in 17K or the 777 seat I wanted.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
      I'm not sure I'd want to take advantage of this even if it were offered as a benefit (worried about karma!), but I'm just curious if this is possible.

Anyone have any experiences with this, or for waitlisting for a particular seat?
      It is sometimes possible to get seats that have previously been allocated to non-status pax. Not everyone is either willing or able to do it, which I think is a good thing to be honest.

17A/C on the 744 are only avaible to PPS (although I know of non-PPS getting these on a few occassions) but 17H/K are available to anyone. Presuming you can't get some seats you want, do you know the status of the people currently occupying them ?.

Comment

Formal benefit is that you status helps to get you the seat in case the person originally occupying the seat cancels his seat assignment or reservation, not to move the confirmed person elsewhere and get his/her seat.

However, 'moving' a pax out of his/her seat is sometimes possible, though as MAN Flyer said, not everyone is willing/able to do it.

Comment

Kicking someone out is bad karma - and not every agent will be willing to do it. If the kickee calls for a seat audit - he or she will very likely be reinstated, and the kicker, if late in the game (e.g at the gate), may well end up in 25E.

Comment

Working...
          X