Dilemma - whether to BTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma - whether to BTC

I am due to fly on SQ235 C class and am not sure weather to book the cook. What if the menu on board is a lot better or lacks something of my taste.

Originally posted by tcullynz View Post
    I am due to fly on SQ235 C class and am not sure weather to book the cook. What if the menu on board is a lot better or lacks something of my taste.
    You can actually BTC first, & if the standard menu on board happens to interest you instead, you can inform the crew you prefer the standard menu.

Since SQ235 has 2 meals, Dinner and Continental Breakfast, ask if you could have BTC during the continental breakfast so you could have the standard menu during dinner

Comment

Thanks - from personal past experience have you done this on board and been successful

Since SQ235 has 2 meals, Dinner and Continental Breakfast, ask if you could have BTC during the continental breakfast so you could have the standard menu during dinner"

Comment

Thanks - from personal past experience have you done this on board and been successful

Since SQ235 has 2 meals, Dinner and Continental Breakfast, ask if you could have BTC during the continental breakfast so you could have the standard menu during dinner"

Yes, many have done so with success. No worries about it.
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Sometimes, at the beginning of the flight, they may come to you and remind you of your BTC order, and then they'll give you the menu, and they'll ask if you'd like to stick with the BTC for the main meal, or if you'd like to try something from the menu instead. It happened to me on my last SQ business class flight last september. They're pretty flexible like that.

Comment

I BTC'd last week from SIN-FRA. First the Thai dish - the minced chicken with seafood souffle. Then the Hainanese Chicken Rice. As I just had Thai the night before and my stomach is still 'fiery', I declined the BTC I ordered for the first meal and opted for something less spicy. Crew made no fuss about it.

However that said, they will try their best to please you but should there be insufficient meals, (on very very rare occasions) , other passengers will get their choices ahead of you.

Comment

I have done it a number of times. They won't mind.

Comment

If I may chip in on my dilemma with the BTC, where should I check with if I wanted to know which menu on the BTC are halal and which are not? Can I safely presume all meals on the BTC menu are non halal?

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
                  If I may chip in on my dilemma with the BTC, where should I check with if I wanted to know which menu on the BTC are halal and which are not? Can I safely presume all meals on the BTC menu are non halal?
                  I'd guess the fish porridge, fish ball kway teow, seabass - those fish related ones would be closest to being halal?

Comment

if you call the sin people, they will simply tell you to do special meal request. Those malay meals such as nasi lemak or nasi biryani would qualify but iffy on the thai meals. On most flights, some of the crew are muslims and you may find a crew meal that is halal.

Beware however that the biryani and the lemak are not LOW FAT.

Comment

If I do the special meal request for MOML, I will be given the same meal as those given to the EYCL passengers, even though I am flying in R, is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
                        If I do the special meal request for MOML, I will be given the same meal as those given to the EYCL passengers, even though I am flying in R, is that right?
                        I guess there might be a difference in the meals served but if it is the same as in Y (i.e. Nasi Lemak), it will generally be a bigger portion with a bit more bells and whistles thrown in...
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

deleted
                          Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Why do you say that? And you'd hope for at least a green kebaya...

Comment

deleted
                              Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X