connecting at BKK to TG domestic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connecting at BKK to TG domestic

Will be connecting at BKK from SQ to TG domestic J to CNX. Never done this before.

Which lounges will I have access to while on transit? Can I go to the SKL and TG main C lounges which are used for international departures, or is there a "domestic" TG lounge which I have to use instead?

Will do the return leg 3 days later, CNX-BKK-SIN.

Thanks in advance.

You have to go through the transit area. There's a pair of separate escalators (it comes down from the C concourse intersection) and the TG lounge will direct you to TG's domestic (which is entirely separate and leads to the downstairs B concourse). You'll need to use TG's domestic lounge (which I actually found rather nice).

TG's domestic-international will be in the end be the reverse process. You can also clear immigration should you so choose and go in from the check-in desks at Row-2 while going to Domestic or vice versa.

Of course, TG regular C lounge on the international side accessible to you

Comment

Thanks Kyo+.

Presumably I can stay in the international transit area (i.e. for shopping, etc.) without crossing over to domestic until later, but I assume I'd then be declined entry into the TG International C or SKL... Or maybe not the SKL...?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        You'll need to use TG's domestic lounge (which I actually found rather nice).
        Really ? I find that place very bland and boring. No booze or views, which is pretty poor for a lounge.

Comment

I like the fact it has a garden section...

Worth going at least once, and I still prefer it over the TG int'l lounges, but for different reasons. The change of scenery is welcome... can't remember what booze they had but surely there was beer? Hmm...

Comment

Worth going at least once, and I still prefer it over the TG int'l lounges, but for different reasons. The change of scenery is welcome... can't remember what booze they had but surely there was beer? Hmm...
            Kyo - no beer! It's an alcohol free zone the TG domestic experience, including the lounge as well as on board.
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Ah yes, I remember now - the highlight was the tamarind tea!!

Comment

Follow-up question:

Will duty-free bottles which I buy from Changi be permitted as domestic carry-on from BKK?

Alternatively can I buy said duty-free bottles upon arrival in BKK, with the necessary security packaging?

Comment

It's certainly pleasant and very airy, but don't "gardens" need to have some greenery?

Comment

Oh, but these gardens are on the other side of the windows.

But they have umbrellas which adds to the garden 'ambience'... gotta love Thailand...

Comment

Working...
                    X