Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTC?

Hi All,
    How nice...I came across this forum through Google search of "SQ11 SQ12 First Class".
    First time poster on this site and am intrigued with what BTC means. I'll probably say of course once I get an answer.
    I am eager to try SQ12 SIN-LAX in F. Being vegetarian (though eating dairy products but no seafood) it seems the Indian selection may be a good choice.
    f

Book the Cook, SQ's service that allows you to choose your meal online or via their call centre before you fly.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
      Book the Cook, SQ's service that allows you to choose your meal online or via their call centre before you fly.
      Aah...thank you. Now that will get me thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
        Oops...two questions...is that for J and F or just F?

And any thoughts about the vegetarian options?

Comment

Originally posted by Foreigner View Post
          Oops...two questions...is that for J and F or just F?

And any thoughts about the vegetarian options?
          BTC Menu is here at this link, available in both J & F :

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...kcook/menu.jsp

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
            BTC Menu is here at this link, available in both J & F :

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...kcook/menu.jsp
            Thank you...that link helps heaps. I like this forum...everyone's so helpful. The veg meals seem limited but I am certain SQ will do good meals upon BTC request.

Just going by my reading so far about SQ service, it would leave many other top airlines miles behind.

f

Comment

Thank you...that link helps heaps. I like this forum...everyone's so helpful. The veg meals seem limited but I am certain SQ will do good meals upon BTC request.

Just going by my reading so far about SQ service, it would leave many other top airlines miles behind.

f
              Just wait till you try the 77W, A380 Business Class seats. Or 77W First Seats and of course the A380 Suites!

SQ's Vegetarian options are limited, even in F class with their regular meals. But if you order the regular vegetarian options, you will be served a hefty portion. For BTC, you may book the meal of your choice but if there is something else you would rather have on the regular menu, you will be accomodated!

BTW, we do have a thread here that lists out what you get in F! Here's a copy of the menu but its about 2 years old.. but at least you will have an idea..

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=204

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=205
              Last edited by Guy Betsy; 17 June 2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I have a question about BTC, I know it states on the website that we need to reserve a meal at least 24 hours before the flight, but has anyone done so with less than 24 hours to spare (maybe overnight or like 20 hours prior to flight?)

Comment

When I did once, I was politely reminded of the 24-hour notice period (this was when I called SIN reservations for a flight ex-LHR). I had to try.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I've managed to do it with 12 hrs to go...

(they did remind me, like jjpb3 above, that they wouldn't guarantee it)

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
                      I have a question about BTC, I know it states on the website that we need to reserve a meal at least 24 hours before the flight, but has anyone done so with less than 24 hours to spare (maybe overnight or like 20 hours prior to flight?)
                      20 hours is easily enough time. I've BTC'd many times less than 24 hours out, and a few less than 12. I think my best one was when I was in the old PPS centre in Paragon about 7-8 hours before my flight and asked them to put a request in, and amazingly it made it.

They will always point out it's just a request etc and they can't guarantee it will make it.
                      Last edited by MAN Flyer; 17 June 2010, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Somehow I'm not surprised that it couldn't be accommodated ex-LHR. Haven't tried to increase my sample size of requests beyond that first try.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks for the response, I'll be doing it ex-LAX, no special dietary restrictions though, so no big deal if I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                            Just wait till you try the 77W, A380 Business Class seats. Or 77W First Seats and of course the A380 Suites!

SQ's Vegetarian options are limited, even in F class with their regular meals. But if you order the regular vegetarian options, you will be served a hefty portion. For BTC, you may book the meal of your choice but if there is something else you would rather have on the regular menu, you will be accomodated!

BTW, we do have a thread here that lists out what you get in F! Here's a copy of the menu but its about 2 years old.. but at least you will have an idea..

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=204

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=205

Thank you for the links. I look forward to accumulating miles and redeeming them with SQ. The participation in this forum is great.

Comment

... I look forward to accumulating miles and redeeming them with SQ. ...
                              There's general consensus that SQ is a very good airline.

It's debatable as to whether its frequent flyer programme is quite as good.

Comment

Working...
                              X