KUL airport to town questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUL airport to town questions

Hi there I have to be in KUL by tomorrow (short notice, long story) and I'll be arriving in KUL before noon, or so I hope. I'm need some advice from SQTalkers in KUL for the fastest way into The Hilton KL Sentral, then onto the Mandarin Oriental and back to the airport ASAP.

I'm flying CX and will only be carrying a carry-on bag so I won't have to wait at the baggage claim.

Thanks in advance

At the KLIA there is an airport express that takes you directly to KL Sentral in just 28 minutes, just look out for the signs at the arrival hall. That is the fastest way into Sentral. Upon arrival just follow the signs to the Hilton.

From Sentral to Mandarin Oriental you can take a taxi or the subway. If you choose to take a taxi, be warned that KL traffic may be unpredictable. If you choose to take a subway (known as the LRT here.) take the Kelana jaya line to KLCC station which is IIRC 5 stops away so it takes about 10-20 mins. Once there there are signs to direct you to the Mandarin Oriental which is next to the Petronas towers.

Back to the airport, you can either take a limo/taxi which can be found around the hotel or if you choose, take the LRT and Airport Express.

Comment

Some great information here -

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641&page=3

Comment

yes the KLIA does take abt 28 - 29 mins reach sentral station but if one just misses the train, the next train will leave 15 mins later - and not all are non-stop services - hencethe entire journey plus somewaiting will average 45 mins or more

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          yes the KLIA does take abt 28 - 29 mins reach sentral station but if one just misses the train, the next train will leave 15 mins later - and not all are non-stop services - hencethe entire journey plus somewaiting will average 45 mins or more

Just to add ... it is the KLIA Transit that plies the multi stop. I do believe that there are different boarding areas both at KLIA and at Sentral
          Last edited by SINFJ; 14 June 2010, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
            Just to add ... it is the KLIA Transit that plies the multi stop. I do believe that there are different boarding areas both at KLIA and at Sentral
            Yes it's the Transit that has 3 stops (IIRC) along the way from/to KLIA. And yes, there are different boarding areas for the Express and Transit. In Sentral there are two different entrances but in KLIA I'm not too sure.

Comment

yes there are 2 services but as there is only 2 tracks ie one for sentral to KLIA and the other for KLIA to sentral - so it really doesnt make any difference as if the transit one leaves 1st - it will still be ahead of the non-stop train - hence if possible its better to ask near the gate before buying the ticket - but of course if one purchase the ticket inside the international arrival baggage claim area then its not possible to know.

Comment

Working...
              X