• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOF has been sold

http://ellipses.elliott.org/archives...rtalk_sold.php

Thanks for posting the link, Savage25.

Comment

Wow! Interesting news.

Internet Brands is here to sell, sell, sell. I think the flavor of TOF will change over time.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
        I think the flavor of TOF will change over time.
        Thats why we have SQTalk

Comment

Given the diverse nature of SQT, perhaps it should be clarified that the references to "TOF" are to FlyerTalk.com Not everyone on SQT is a member of both (or a member of only those two) and might not draw the conclusion it appears to be assumed.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            Internet Brands is here to sell, sell, sell. I think the flavor of TOF will change over time.
            It will be fascinating to see what the change in ownership does to the character of TOF forums. We live in interesting times (to paraphrase the Chinese curse [assuming I didn't have a memory failure in recalling said curse ]).
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Yes, very interesting news. With new "corporate" owners, change will be inevitable, I think, but it remains to be seen whether the changes are mostly positive or negative.

Like many here, I met most if not all of my SQT friends on FT first, and I still have a lot of fondness for "TOF," though there have been things I have not always been happy with. So, I wish FT the best.
              Last edited by MovieMan; 8 March 2007, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Very interesting. I hadn't realised commercial value could be derived from an Internet forum. But TOF is huge I guess.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  Very interesting. I hadn't realised commercial value could be derived from an Internet forum.
                  Funny! Where were you during the internet bubble? Of course a lot of that wealth evaporated. Let's hope that doesn't happen in this case...

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                    Funny! Where were you during the internet bubble?
                    Don't know that much about it.
                    Just read about it on wikipedia.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      Don't know that much about it.
                      Just read about it on wikipedia.
                      You're a young 'un all right. It's only six years ago!

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                        You're a young 'un all right. It's only six years ago!

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

Well I've heard the 'dotcom bubble' being referred to every now and again, just don't really know the exact details. It occurred in the days when dial up was still widespread...
                        So THAT'S why I couldn't remember it.
                        Last edited by KeithMEL; 8 March 2007, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X