• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA crash landing + fire: casualties reported

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...e#contentSwap1
    50 unaccounted for thus far.

Developing...
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 7 March 2007, 11:14 AM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

This is very sad.....What the hell is happening with Indonesia lately? Just yesterday, there was another major earthquake in West Sumatra killing at least 70 people. Just a string of unfortunate accidents (Ferry 3x, Adam 2x, Merpati 1x, Garuda 1x - all in the 1st 3 months of 2007) and natural disasters lately.

Let's hope the number of casualties can be contained.....if possible none at all this time.

Comment

Latest headline: 49 dead.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Very sad indeed...and this happened in my second hometown. May those who perished rest in peace

Comment

This is very sad news. RIP.

Comment

PK-GZC was the registration

Comment

Yeah, what a bad first quarter of 2007 for Indonesia.

Comment

Sad to see another one going down.

They have just shown some amazing footage on the news here taken by a gut from Channel 7 in Australia who was on the flight.

Comment

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...166801037.html

First hand account of the aftermath.

Comment

Sad news indeed. The only positive aspect is that a majority of the passengers survived.

Also unfortunate for the country that it happened so soon after the earthquake in Sumatra.

Comment

Lion air and now Garuda indonesia.

Comment

Death toll reduced to 22, phew.

5 rather high profile Australians are feared dead.

Comment

Crickey I used to take this flight almost weekly last summer (because Garuda were supposidly safe).

I must say Yogjakarta is not where I would want to do an emergency landing the runway is so bumpy even the smoothest of landings feels really rough.

Comment

looks like it's either pilot error or the flaps failed to deploy with the combination of a sudden downdraft on final

Comment

Working...
                            X