Wrong allocation of Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong allocation of Miles

Hi all, I have this little problem and I hope some experts here can tell me what I can do to resolve it.

I was booked on UA recently from NRT to TPE. I had with me 2 cards, one KF Gold and the other a Royal Orchid Plus card. I presented both cards to the UA check in staff and told her that I wanted my status to be on ROP, and miles to go into my KF Gold. She said no problem. I checked my accounts today and realised that she had given my status to Krisflyer and miles to ROP! This is the first time any check in staff has messed up my miles. No such problems traveling on SQ.

How do I go about correcting the error? I no longer want to keep my KF Gold and am now working towards ROP Gold. What can I do to switch the status miles back to TG and ordinary miles back to SQ?

For those who are confused with my personal definition:

a) Status miles = miles needed to attain *Gold status
    b) Mileage/Miles = miles needed for redemption but does not go towards elite status.

I had no idea you could split miles like that. I had thought only the PPS Club within KrisFlyer allowed status and award miles to be split (it allows you to put status miles on your KrisFlyer account [PPS account] and your award miles on a partner FFP, but only for SQ-numbered flights and MI flights).

You can try to ask KrisFlyer to remove the miles from your KrisFlyer account, and only then can you ask ROP for the mileage credit. If you ask too early, ROP can claim that you've already credited the miles and are likely to turn down your mileage request. IME, however, I've had to produce the boarding pass, on which the FFP I designated is noted, in contradiction with the fact that another FFP was credited the miles.

In your case, it wouldn't hurt to ask, I think. Good luck!
    Last edited by jjpb3; 6 March 2007, 04:37 PM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks for the advise.

Yes, I've been splitting my miles for quite a few flights now, and no check in agent has ever given me a 'I have no idea what you are talking about' look when I instruct them to do that. So it's definitely possible to park my miles the way I do.

I'm not PPS, just an ordinary Krisflyer Gold member.
      Last edited by icn.sg; 6 March 2007, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
        .....I was booked on UA recently from NRT to TPE. I had with me 2 cards, one KF Gold and the other a Royal Orchid Plus card. I presented both cards to the UA check in staff and told her that I wanted my status to be on ROP, and miles to go into my KF Gold. She said no problem. I checked my accounts today and realised that she had given my status to Krisflyer and miles to ROP!......
        How is that possible on UA flights? SQ is the only *A airlines which allows status and miles to be split.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
          How is that possible on UA flights? SQ is the only *A airlines which allows status and miles to be split.
          I do agree with you. Flying UA during their 'down' time. And those miles credited to LH M&M for both status and RDM. Otherwise, I would have had more than 2M UA BIS by now.
          Same thing happens now. If UA agent changes my FFP to my new acquired BD Gold, both status and redeemable miles go to BD and zero on UA MP.
          Lastly, to my knowledge, only on SQ double dipping is possible.

Comment

Ah so that explains it. When flying any other *A carriers besides SQ, I should have simply dumped all my miles to my ROP card. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Ah so that explains it. When flying any other *A carriers besides SQ, I should have simply dumped all my miles to my ROP card. Thanks for the update.
              The only other *A carrier with an FQTV (miles accrual)/FQTS (status accrual and/or display) split is NZ, for NZ elites to have their NZ status recognised when accruing miles elsewhere. But unlike SQ it's impossible to split the mileage; the 2nd field is merely to display status.

Also with SQ, it's impossible to insert any number into FQTS but a Krisflyer number. Tried displaying my UA*G there before while building up for SEN but it just could not be done despite the gazillion number of keystrokes attempted by various staff.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

So can you clarify your original post which says that your "status" went to KF and the "miles" to ROP??

Comment

Found this old threat.

Just want to ask some opinion.

If I will do SIN-CGK-SIN quite frequently, will it better to claim it under Krisflyer or ROP.

Also when I booked online on SQ flight, they will always automatically try to insert my Krisflyer. anyone has done this before (i.e. fly on SQ and redeem the miles on ROP.), will it very troublesome?

Thanks.
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                    Found this old threat.

Just want to ask some opinion.

If I will do SIN-CGK-SIN quite frequently, will it better to claim it under Krisflyer or ROP.

Also when I booked online on SQ flight, they will always automatically try to insert my Krisflyer. anyone has done this before (i.e. fly on SQ and redeem the miles on ROP.), will it very troublesome?

Thanks.
                    Don't log into your KF profile when trying to book. Then you will be able to enter another FFP into the booking, no problem.
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Hi all, I have this little problem and I hope some experts here can tell me what I can do to resolve it.

I was booked on UA recently from NRT to TPE. I had with me 2 cards, one KF Gold and the other a Royal Orchid Plus card. I presented both cards to the UA check in staff and told her that I wanted my status to be on ROP, and miles to go into my KF Gold. She said no problem. I checked my accounts today and realised that she had given my status to Krisflyer and miles to ROP! This is the first time any check in staff has messed up my miles. No such problems traveling on SQ.

How do I go about correcting the error? I no longer want to keep my KF Gold and am now working towards ROP Gold. What can I do to switch the status miles back to TG and ordinary miles back to SQ?

For those who are confused with my personal definition:

a) Status miles = miles needed to attain *Gold status
                      b) Mileage/Miles = miles needed for redemption but does not go towards elite status.
                      Happen to me once. Reply is sorry. no correction allow once it is entered.

Comment

Working...
                      X