Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansai regions expert help

Hi guys,

My wife and I will be spending our 4 Days and 3 nights in Kansai region before us heading back to Toronto. We are wondering if any member can assist us in regard to the local transportation and directions…...

We are arriving in KIX and will stay at:

1st Night: Nikko Nara
    2nd Night: Westin Kyoto
    3rd Night: Sheraton Miyako Osaka

I read from the Nikko Hotel website that the easiest way to connect us from KIX to our 1st hotel in Nara is by the Limousine Bus from KIX to Nara JR (will cost approx 2000 yen per pax each way).

My questions:
    Is there any easy accessible public transport that can take us:

‘From’ Nikko Nara ‘to’ Westin Kyoto,

And

‘From’ Westin Kyoto ‘to’ Sheraton Miyako Osaka

Or will it be easier for us if we just renting a car with a GPS and drive ourselves during our stay????

Mario
    AC-SE (2007-Now), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

Not an expert and happy to defer to other's opinions, but FWIW,

Nikko Nara - Kyoto

Cab to Nara station then JR Nara line from Nara Station to JR Kyoto station. It's not the fastest route but it's the most direct as you don't have to change trains.

From Kyoto station you can either:

Arrange to take the Westin's shuttle bus from the station to the hotel (but only if you're arriving during the day time; or

Take the subway from Kyoto station to Keage station. You would have to take the Karasuma line to Karasuma Oike station and change to the Tozai line. Keage station is a 5 minute walk from the Westin.

From Kyoto to Osaka

You're spoilt for choice here, but I would go for one of the regular JR rapid services or limited express trains to Osaka station. From Osaka station it's a fairly reasonably priced cab ride to the Westin. If you're taking the subway, you need to get to Osakauehonmachi station.

I wouldn't recommend driving in Osaka and Kyoto, and rental cars in Japan only come with Japanese-only GPS systems.

Hope this helps.

Comment

mraquinas, three places in three nights is very rush rush. JMHO.

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
      Nikko Nara - Kyoto

Cab to Nara station then JR Nara line from Nara Station to JR Kyoto station. It's not the fastest route but it's the most direct as you don't have to change trains.
      I have a vague recollection of seeing the hotel right next to the JR station. Don't think OP would require a cab.

Comment

Working...
      X