No announcement yet.

SQ website - could/will it be improved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ website - could/will it be improved?

I know the issues with the SQ website have been coming up frequently.
    The "new" website has been up for about 2 years now?
    Personally, I prefer booking online, choosing my seat etc.
    Especially since SQ call centers are being cut and it is more and more difficult to get through, especially in certain cities around the world, wouldn't SQ want to have a website that really works well?
    I have booked quite a few flights and it did work well as long as I didn't make it to complicated. As all of you know trying to do a multi city is a challenge.
    Especially wanting to book certain flights, it just doesn't allow you doing that.

I have also booked quite frequently on expedia, especially OZ fares and it has always worked great except I could not make a seat reservation.
    How difficult would it be for an airline like SQ to "inherit" a little bit of expedia's website to make those multi city bookings work.
    I use the computer a lot but am not familiar what it takes to set up a well functioning website as even my company website is done by someone else.
    Just wish someone in the SQ IT department would fix this "little" problem.

Last year in a different forum someone mentioned that he even went to "the competitor" because SQ website didn't work properly and he was wondering how much business SQ is loosing because of that? I don't know the answers and don't know if they are really loosing business as nothing has been done but I am thinking how much money they could save by having less people call the call centers and using a good website to make bookings and how much more they could make if there really are people that are going to the competition because of this problem.

Let's hope someday we live in a perfect world and the SQ website will work perfectly.

My pet peeve: You used to be able to cancel OLCI - don't know why but you can't anymore.

When I fly Y and want to know what my preassigned seat is I've got to confirm check in first before being able to see what i've got.

The problem then is if I want another seat which is unoccupied, but not available for OLCI (emex), nobody can intervene until the airport offloads me. Only then can I get a new one.

So either they tell me what my preassigned seat is BEFORE I confirm OLCI, OR, let me cancel check-in online. Right now it's a pain the way it is.

Comment

I wish the website would allow us to modify our online bookings rather than having to call SQ and wait forever to get through.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      My pet peeve: You used to be able to cancel OLCI - don't know why but you can't anymore.
      SQflyergirl, is that the case? I used the cancel OLCI function about a month ago and it worked fine.

My only pet peeve with OLCI is the fact that now you can't modify your FFP details when checking-in

Comment

Originally posted by SQ168 View Post

SQflyergirl, is that the case? I used the cancel OLCI function about a month ago and it worked fine.
        Was doing it for a friend over the weekend - the button wasnt there then

Comment

Ahhh...I see. So I guess that's one less reason to do OLCI nowadays

Comment

It may have been a one-off thing. I've had it disappear for one or two of my bookings last year, but I have no idea why.

Comment

My biggest peeve about the website is booking a multi stop booking. I put in the times of the flights I want but when it brings up its choices of itinery it totally ignores the times I put it. Probably baout 90% of the time I have to phone SQ to move myself to the flight I actually want. It used to be so much better when it would bring up every available flight for each leg and you could just choose the one you wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                My biggest peeve about the website is booking a multi stop booking. I put in the times of the flights I want but when it brings up its choices of itinery it totally ignores the times I put it. Probably baout 90% of the time I have to phone SQ to move myself to the flight I actually want. It used to be so much better when it would bring up every available flight for each leg and you could just choose the one you wanted.
                That too is my pet peeve. The bundled options nearly always don't include my preferred one , so I find myself wishing for the days when I could build the multi-city / stopover itinerary segment by segment.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                X