Changes to MP Awards involving SQ effective 3/1/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to MP Awards involving SQ effective 3/1/07

I was checking on some awards for later this month using UA mileage plus miles and was told of some changes that went into effect 3/1/07 if travel involves SQ.

Awards booked < 4 days prior to departure need to be ticketed immediately.
    Awards booked > 4 days out need to be ticketed within 24 hours.

I had an itinerary that was put on hold on 3/1/07 involving UA/SQ from SIN-OZ and was initially told that it needed to be ticketed by 3/4/07 11:59 PM which united.com also confirmed under my itineraries. For those curious my award included SYD-MEL on UA hence it was viewable under my itineraries.

The UA CSR (HNL-based) was reading this from a system briefing published on 2/28/07. When she initially told me of the changes I tried to get more details so she went to look it up.

This doesn't really hurt 1K's who can change stuff penalty free, but for others this is a big ouch

I tried to see if the Awards Desk said the same, but was told 3 days. Maybe the memo didn't reach them yet. Another call to reservations and was told of the new policy again effective 3/1/07.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to the non-1K's.

Since now the award supposedly can be issued immediately, does this mean that now UA can grab the award seats on SQ without any 24 to 72 hours window for approval?

Or is it a way for UA to get $ for fee changes?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      Since now the award supposedly can be issued immediately, does this mean that now UA can grab the award seats on SQ without any 24 to 72 hours window for approval?

Or is it a way for UA to get $ for fee changes?
      I'm not too sure. Sometimes I am told I need to wait 12/24 hours before ticketing to make sure the SQ award space is really there but sometimes I can ticket right away. When I initially put the award on hold on 3/1/2007, the agent said I need to wait at least 12 hours before I could ticket as they needed to wait for approval from SQ.

I asked this agent about the 12/24 hour wait for approval and was told they don't need to wait on award tickets, but that the 12/24 hour approval was for paid flights involving other carriers.

Comment

Working...
      X