2 tickets, one flight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 tickets, one flight!

Say I am finishing an ex-BKK RTW ticket with SQ625 KIX-BKK. Then I want to start another ex-BKK ticket iimediately, but the only SQ flight left that day to SIN is...SQ625!.

So, would I able to check in at KIX for both legs straight through even though they are 2 completely different tickets ?. I actually doubt this but would be interested to hear if anyone has done it. Also do they make/allow you off at BKK on this flight or do you stay on board ?. I wouldn't fancy having to get off and checkin at Suvarnabhumi as it's only in for an hour!.

I know I could get the slightly later TG flight to SIN but I would like to get in earlier and I would be giving up a massive 1.25 PPS sectors!.

MTIA

This seems similar to the question asked here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1072

where the answer from SQ was "no".

Edit: I just re-read your question and I see that it's slightly different. The above was 2 tickets for the same flight but yours relates to 2 tickets for the same flight but different segments (or whatever the terminology is) ?

Comment

In my opinion, it should not be a problem to check-in all the way KIX-BKK one tix and BKK-SIN other tix (which in fact the same aircraft). Logically, since you have two different BPs, you have to deplane from KIX-BKK, then reboard using the other BP for BKK-SIN.
      Last time I did the NRT-SIN on stop service via BKK, all pax had to deplane in BKK and went up to the gate again.

For similarity, I did SQ11 LAX-NRT (ticket A) and SQ11 NRT-SIN (ticket B). No problem checked-in both sectors at LAX.

Comment

I actually think you will be better off checking in separately. You will ensure getting PPS sectors for both segments, instead of one possibly one combined segment, and you get to stretch your legs.

Connection check-in at Suvarnabhumi is pretty easy provided you don't get a remote gate (bused).

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
          Connection check-in at Suvarnabhumi is pretty easy provided you don't get a remote gate (bused).
          That's the problem!. Although SQ seem to have got themselves a great arrangement whereby they seem to get the low numbered D gates, you cannot guarantee anything at that madhouse at the moment.

I'm not sure they'd be able to merge the two bookings into a KIX-SIN flight and just give 2.5 sectors, as they are both completely seperate tickets. I should just go for the later TG flight. But I may get the dreaded AB6, which I've now had enough of, and I'm also interested to see what would happen anyway at KIX when I present the two tickets.

CGK, in case you see her or speak to her I believe Ms M is looking into this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            CGK, in case you see her or speak to her I believe Ms M is looking into this as well.
            Ms M is extremely busy. And I think you know the reason exactly.

Anyway, back to your questions, I believe you should be able to check-in both segments at KIX. Perhaps you would see the agent to be surprised, but just tell them that they are indeed same flight, but you are using two different tickets. And I believe with the two different tix, the agent will not be able to merge the two segments as one, just KIX-SIN.
            From a very recent experience, had SFO-ICN-SIN SQ15 split segments and had SIN-NRT-LAX SQ12 split segments as well. The check-in agent did not try to merge the booking as SFO-SIN only or SIN-LAX only.
            Another way to deal with their possible confusions, for KIX-BKK and BKK-SIN, you should get different seats.

Hope all works out for you!

Comment

Working...
            X