Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77W......77WOW!!

Tuesday i tried the new BC on 77W....
    i have only 1 word: WOW! Very good product.

The only negative thing i was able to notice is the FLight infos (in the IFE).... IFE has some problems but nothing i would name "heavy".

Service was professional and very attentive.
    Seat is huge and i can't see the problem about the "flipping" in order to sleep.

Really a great experience.
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

I personally think the new BC is great when sleeping but not that great when sitting up. This is because the space between the armrests is too wide and you can only rest on 1 of the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post

The only negative thing i was able to notice is the FLight infos (in the IFE).... IFE has some problems but nothing i would name "heavy".

Seat is huge and i can't see the problem about the "flipping" in order to sleep.

And don't forget that to add to the "WOW" 77W experience, you also had a small DO at the SKL F lounge with me and SQFan. It was certainly a pleasure to see you at the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        And don't forget that to add to the "WOW" 77W experience, you also had a small DO at the SKL F lounge with me and SQFan. It was certainly a pleasure to see you at the lounge.
        Hiya UMD, nice meeting you too. I guess LukeGT is till enjoying himself you know where.

Comment

What type of in-flight power does BC on the 77W have? DC or AC?

Thanks.

Comment

The system is able to supply 115VAC power for laptops. This is available for all FC and BC passengers. For EY, depending on which seats, there are outlets for each front row passengers, 2 outlets for each triple seats and single outlet for double seat assembly.

(Audio)
            ________
            YSR50
            Last edited by Audio; 4 February 2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Audio View Post
              The system is able to supply 115VAC power for laptops.
              Thank you for the reply. So no special adapter is needed?

Comment

I remembered I just plugged in my Mac cable directly to the outlet when flying in 77W - C class. Same plug as the US one. So, I don't need my worldwide adaptor.

Comment

Do we need an adaptor for the British (UK) and Singapore plug. I know the outlet on the existing spacebed can take all plugs except for the UK / Singapore plugs (it's ironic). UK / Singapore plugs need an adaptor.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                    Do we need an adaptor for the British (UK) and Singapore plug. I know the outlet on the existing spacebed can take all plugs except for the UK / Singapore plugs (it's ironic). UK / Singapore plugs need an adaptor.
                    Ask the crew for UK to US power adapters...they carry a few on board every flight.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post

I flew on the 77W from Barcelona to Singapore recently and I must say I have mixed feelings about it. The wideness of the seat wasn't an issue. I just couldn't seem to find a perfect seating position. It didn't support my back and the leather upholstery didn't provide enough grip (its kinda "slippy" as someone once described it in sqtalk). These problems are resolved once you flip the bed completely flat though. In fact I kept the bed flat for most of the trip, propping my back on pillows and my legs stretched out. I even had my breakfast in this position and it's actually quite comfortable. Pity the designers couldn't come up with better and more comfortable seating positions. Lots of cubby holes and useful storage spaces but overall in terms of design it just didn't have that slick designer touch. It seemed more utilitarian than anything. I'd expected something with more finesse from SQ but that's my personal view. Everything else, the IFE and inflight service was faultless, as usual.

Comment

Working...
                      X